PDA

View Full Version : Threat from normal rage, Morogrim and his Murlocs

brain9h
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Yesterday the most weird thing happened, at Morogrim. Our paladin was failing to generate threat and the murlocs were agroing ME instead. They would just arrive at the raid and stick on me.

I wasn't using thunderclap, and my only explanation for that was that my normal rage gain was generating threat. For all I knew bloodrage generates threat but normal rage??? hummm Yeah I was having huge rage spikes, spamming heroic strikes + rotation until near-zero rage and then BUM super hit, full rage bar.

Could normal rage gain agro the Murlocs? (no bloodrage)

Or... was the Druid HoT's that were the cause? I'm not 100% aware of that mechanics but since that hots cause power gain (health), and power gain generates threat, then all the dots except the initial cast would have threat directed to me, right?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Aradon
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
It's earth shield or prayer of mending. Earth shield shouldn't be used at all for that fight on the tank just for this reason. Make sure the priests don't use prayer of mending when the murlocs are still running from the entrances to the pally tank.

Brickhuase
11-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Earth shield can do it. I believe seal of light has the same effect. Cancel earth shield if the murlocs are coming. Generaly if you have a warlock with amp magic on him life tapping and just have your prot pally healing him there shouldnt be to many issues. Just make sure no one else heals that warlock.

Syana
11-26-2007, 06:59 PM
even so....I can't begin to fathom what your paladin was doing...

afk leveling their one-hand skill?

sounds like you know a thing or two about leveling one-hand skills! ;)

SoaD!
11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Brain9h,

As everyone says it should be your EarthShield (like in 99% of cases).

But I do not agree when nearly everyone says on all forums "Do not put ES on this fight !"
It is the responsability to the shaman to swap ES to the murloc's tanker when Moro slam the ground, but you can check he does it. :)

brain9h
11-27-2007, 06:27 AM
thanks guys.

We don't have a dedicated pally tank in the guild, we were improvising with our retribution pally, he respecced and used his tank gear, but of course he lacks the skillz