PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Pandemonious

Gehn
11-26-2007, 10:28 AM
A couple months ago my guild group decided to try a heroic instance to see if we were ready gear wise...

Mana-Tombs sounded appealing to us and we undertook the endeavor with great enthusiasm. Trash was easy, but Pandemonious kicked our tails. So we have moved heroics away and I have tried to get some SR gear to help with that specific fight.

We went back last night and wiped on him 6 times w/o getting him down to 50%. One thing that I know we had against us was a priest alt who was not geared to what was required, but I have the following questions to the tanks who have done this encounter:

How much SR do you stack before the fight (I was at 170 w/ priest and druid buffs)?
Are there any tactics that you suggest when going in w/ a melee heavy (Tank, DPS warr, Rogue, Priest, Feral Druid)?

Thanks in advance.

adrenalize
11-26-2007, 11:23 AM
About 200 will really help. Also, When he does his Dark shell everyone MUST stop attacking him otherwise the damage gets reflected back, with melee damages reflecting back at about 1.2k-1.5k on about 120 shadow res.

All of his damage is shadow based as well, so armor has no effect, so if your looking for shadow res cloth, cloth leather and mail pieces are all good.

Yo u have picked a hard heroic to start at, Mechanar and Slave pens are pretty easy with the right groups and I would suggest trying those ones first

Man tactics are that your melee doesnt nuke themselves on the dark shell

Lavache
11-26-2007, 11:47 AM
i usually just click off of him when the shell pops up and wait for it to go away. requires a good threat lead though. i own a grand total of 0 shadow resist gear. the last guy in there is (imo) the real PIA. its been my experience to have one person who has high burst damage assigned to adds while everyone works on the boss.

Gehn
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Yo u have picked a hard heroic to start at, Mechanar and Slave pens are pretty easy with the right groups and I would suggest trying those ones first

Yeah, we realized that and have moved through both SP and Mech pretty easily.

Thanks for the info that armor has nothing to do w/ it. If nothing else, Ill grab some greens from the AH and try it in that. He cant be that hard....can he? :rolleyes:

Brucimus
11-26-2007, 03:59 PM
What I do for that fight is ...

A) Bring a Pally for the Shadow Resist Aura
B) Enchanted my old Felsteel Helm with Glyph of Shadow Warding
C) Enchanted my old Cloak of the Inciter with 15 Shadow Resist
D) Drank a Gift of Arthas

Shortypop
11-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I run with about 220 shadow res (including either a pally aura or priest buff) and I can definitely feel the difference. Most important thing is to stop attacking him when he shields, place him next to something so the tank doesn't get knocked back and try place the healer with their back to a wall so they don't get knocked out of healing range.

Narshe
11-27-2007, 01:53 AM
For mana tombs the usual setup we run is:
- Me as tank
- Holy paladin
- Mage
- Random dps
- Random dps that have heals: any hybrid can do.
Set 2 healers in Pandemonius. 1 healer + 3dps the rest of the instace. For the last boss make the hybrid heal you in healing gear, the paladin can tank all the adds while healing himself, 2 dps + shield reflect is enough for the boss before ur hybrid runs oom.
Never used any resistance gear for the instance, tho I must admit the last day I went there I had Mother Shahraz gear and the boss was a joke.
Btw, use Slow or thunderclap on Pande, as he hits pretty damn fast.

Nath
12-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Pandemonius is the first boss of mana tombs and doesn't have adds, neither on normal or heroic mode.

Don't do this fight without at least 200 shadow resistance. 300 is ideal. Since all his damage is shadow, it doesnt matter wether you're wearing cloth or plate as long as it has tons of shadow resistance. This applies to the first boss of Arcatraz as well.

Tank Pandemonius with back to a stone slab so his pushback doesnt throw you around and when he casts Dark Shell everyone stops attacking, melee and caster dps alike, except for hunters, who don't get affected by this ability.

Do that and have a decent healer and there, 1st boss down.

Unayeon
12-10-2007, 06:59 AM
The real key to this fight is making sure that everyone stops DPS as soon as he "slips into the void." He'll emote and change color (you can kind of see through him). This includes the tank! Disable auto-attack, or hit esc to de-target him.

DoTs and hunter auto-shot will not cause the damage to be reflected; those are the only exceptions that I'm aware of (but tell them to mind their threat).

If everyone is diligent about the reflected damage, this fight doesn't even really require shadow protection gear (although some is helpful - cloth is fine).

The real problem in this instance is the last guy. It takes well geared DPS and healing to have a shot.

Good luck!

faitas
12-10-2007, 07:34 AM
I've done pandemonius with only the pally aura and it went well. If your healer knows his job and the dps is good enough, last stand and pots will do it for you.

The only thing we had to watch was when he went into the void. Also, remember you can reflect his shadow volley.

pvrhye
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Did him the other night. Let the lock tank it since he had max SR gear,it was funny.

adrenalize
12-15-2007, 11:59 PM
I did him last night, Had about 100 shadow resist and found it to be pretty easy. As long as everyone stops attacking him when the dark shell hits then you will be fine.