PDA

View Full Version : ZA Minimum raid specs

Marrick
11-23-2007, 12:16 PM
My guild is looking to create a ZA minimum raid specs guideline similar to many that people have for Kara. Here's what I came up with.

For Prot:
14000 HP
15000 Armor
uncrittable
40% avoidance

DPS roughly for DW Fury (2H should be close. Not as much hit):
10000 HP
1600 AP
200 hit
30% crit

Just wanted some input. I know I'm close on the prot (maybe a bit to high for minimum requirement, but not much I don't think), but I don't have any experience with warrior raid DPS as we haven't run with a DPS war much. Most of you are fellow tanks, but many are also raid leaders with a better understanding of whether I'm way off base on those numbers and I'm sure I'll get a much more... mature response here than on the WoW warrior class forums.

Thanks.

Lavache
11-23-2007, 12:44 PM
imo - if they have 75% or more of their kara gear they will be ok for at least the bear and eagle. we havent gotten more down than that yet, but you can check into my armory and see what i have. our other tanks are slightly less geared than i am but we havent had too many issues other than people learning encounters.

Arrivan
11-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Your Prot requirements are almost exactly what both our MT and I had when we first did ZA. I had about 13.7k HP ~14k armour unbuffed, and our MT had about the same with a bit more armour (I was running a fury/prot hybrid spec for that run, and it worked quite well), both of us nearly reaching 19k fully buffed and flasked HP, and we killed Nalorakk on our second attempt. I can't say how our stats would do for other bosses since we didn't try any others, and we haven't been back yet because of Thanksgiving and such (we only raid on weekends). Of course uncrittable is a given, and you can change around gear for fights that favour avoidance (Lynx maybe?). I can say that Nalorakk is an effective health fight though, so stacking stam and armour is the way to go.

As for your Fury specs, they seem to be reasonable, but keep in mind there are only a small handful of Fury pieces in Karazhan, and to achieve those stats I have to sacrifice stamina and armour (wearing leather FTL, but it gets the job done). I run with about 9k HP, 1700 AP, 186 hit and 29.something% crit in Berserker stance. If I need more health, I can swap in plate pieces, but at the expense of DPS stats. Hoewver, I can easily imagine that it is possible to achieve those numbers in plate with some PVP gear, I just don't like or do much PVP.

Radhja
11-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't know much about ZA, but I know my stats on the PTR weren't adequate by any means. At the time, I had 12k health, 12.5k armor, uncrittable, nearly uncrushable... but I'll be damned if those bear-riding trolls before the first boss didn't hand me my ass on a mithril platter. It took 2 healers to keep me standing to down one, but then the MT (who vastly out-geared me at the time) dropped like a rock.

So yeah... the stats above look like the MINIMUM I'd walk into ZA with... I'd prefer about 1000 more of each tho to be on the safe side.

Irenius
11-26-2007, 09:29 AM
I went into ZA with 14.5K health, about 16.5K armor and somewhere around 45% avoidance. The trash was easy for me (we've cleared to all of the aspects, just haven't downed them all.) Honestly at the bare minimum I'm sure 13.5K health, 15K armor and 40% avoidance would work.

Bulldozzer
12-01-2007, 08:44 PM
As a bear tank, I went in with around 15.5K health unbuffed and 27K armor with 30% dodge and tanked trollform Bear boss without problems. Same with bear trash mobs.
Lynx boss chewed a hole through me though, as my group wasn't prepared for totems.

I seemingly couldn't avoid getting a mangle debuff every time we tried me tanking him in bear form the week of release, despite it not showing up on my debuffs or ever pulling aggro from our warr tank in troll form. Don't know if it was a bug or what, but I took the double damage every time, but on the flip I never had a problem.
Any other bear tanks have similar experiences?

I had 2-pieces of Merc glad gear (head/shoulders), a couple heavy clefthoof set pieces (chest/boots), and the rest mostly kara gear with a thoriumweave cloak to give a perspective on gear.

Mordigen
12-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I am not sure if we had that same problem, but I as a warrior usually tank the bear form, due to the defensive stance cutting down on some of the DOT from the bleeds, and then our druid would tank the trollform, and that worked great for us. I don't think he said he was taking double damage, just the full weight of the DOTs.

DeeWood
12-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Thx for the post and info guy, my guild is starting ZA this week and any info I get is greatly appreciated.

Mordigen
12-11-2007, 06:22 AM
I was going to say, you should probably have the 40% avoidance anyways from gear once you have enough Kara gear, but not sure if I would include that as a requirement. If you have the health and armor to take the bosses that should be more than enough to be able to handle the hits and still be able to get the heals you need. Avoidance is still nice for getting out of some of the big hits, just not necessarily a requirement. I am in the same boat as above. I went into ZA with roughly 14000 health, 15000-16000 armor and 50ish% avoidance and we have been able to take down the bear and eagle bosses. I have upgraded since then, but you have to have the rest of the group geared enough to have the healing and dps too even if you tank is better geared.

Ruminator
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I've done a lot of rearranging of gear throughout all our runs in ZA. I seem to stay alive a lot more often when I gear for EH above all other concerns (obviously, while remaining uncrittable).

Delicatesse
12-20-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm a T4 level tank with still a plenty of blues as Kara just refuses to drop decent loot for me. No gloves, no legs, no chest, no bracers, etcetc in 3 months! Hurray for random drops :/
We could kill bear, eagle and the lynx. The latter was almost impossible in this gear. I have different gearsets for different encounters.

I can dress up for the bear to 20.2-20.5K hp, 14K armor buffed with all the posible raidbuffs and flask, food. In this gear I only have ~35% avoidance, but 70-80% of the damage comes from the bleed, so armor and avoidance are almost irrelevant. Nalorakk is fine, but lynx killed me in this gear almost without fail when I tried to MT him. 10K saber lashes with ~5sec cd +1-2K DPS autoattacks = death.

I use avoidance gear for the eagle (and dragonhawk), which is ~17.5K buffed hp, 15K armor, ~50 avoidance. For eagle it's fine, dragonhawk starts to hit like Nightbane after the enrage and he hits pretty fast, landing 7K+ crushes sometimes. This gear is OK for the eagle, but a bit short for dragonhawk.

I used a mixed sta/avoid gear on the lynx, hitting 19.5K hp, 15K armor and ~45% avoidance buffed. It was barely enough as an offtank. Our druid maintanked him as he cannot crush and mitigating more from the lashes while the autoattacks land is very important. As I already said, the saber lash hits form 9.5-10.2K on this gear, after demo shout.

I don't recommend it below full T4 gearlevel, this raid instance HURTS A LOT. I say 18K hp buffed with ~40% avoidance and ~15K armor is the entry level. And bring a shadow priest.

Kream
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
DPS roughly for DW Fury (2H should be close. Not as much hit):
10000 HP
1600 AP
200 hit
30% crit

Why 200 hit for a fury warrior? Past 9% +hit gives you less dps gains per item point than other stats. I would think you should revise this to 142 +hit (untalented) or 95 +hit (talented). I'm no fury war expert but if I had those stats I'd be dropping +hit for str.

fastidius
12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Fury Warr requirements should be something like

142+ Hit and not dumb enough to pull agro. anything over 28% crit is fine in berserker unbuffed....

i'd also spec into presence for the extra Battleshout....the MT can handle Demo & TC if its a warr....if your dealing with druid MT then you probably wanna drop impale etc for Demo shout and maybe even sacrificing DPS for battlestance/thunderclap i would think you would do the sunders also if you can. in which case if your being a utility buff/debuff DPS then your also probably going to be able to swap shouts where needed if its a Blast aura thingy....commanding = 1K hp for everyone at the right time...ie like aran on pyro...you commanding shout between sheep and getting blasted

If your OTing then you should already have a 12K/12K set from Kara in dps spec......I do and i'm not even on Blue Gems in my tank gear.

basically the fury warrs need purple weapons and sharpening stones and agi pots there isnt much else they need in glass cannon mode.

If the event has a Dot/AOE/Bolt then your HP needs to be up more so swap in a EH piece or two ie the plate over leather option. Like the shade of aran who has that 7500 Pyroblast. I wear my 9K HP dps Gear. else im in 8KHP dps gear with more dps stats.....

Fury has little requirements to provide decent DPS. It's the providing of Utility that you would need to cater for.....whats the MT not going to be able to provide?

theres alot a fury warrior can provide but minimum specs are basically the 142 hit and not drawing agro.