PDA

View Full Version : Brooch of Deftness

Cypress
11-23-2007, 09:30 AM
So right now I'm contemplating on buying the Brooch of Deftness. Here's what I use, and a comparison:

Steam-Hinge Chain of Valor
Binds when picked up
Neck
+26 Stamina
Requires Level 68
Equip: Increases your shield block rating by 19 (2.69% @ L68).
Equip: Increases the block value of your shield by 29.

Brooch of Deftness
Binds when picked up
Neck
+48 Stamina
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves hit rating by 22 (1.4% @ L70).
Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 21 (5 @ L70).

Obviously I'm not going to lose any Defense, so I'm not worried about dropping below my cap. So I'm gaining 22 Stamina, but losing a little block rating (not too worried about that as my guild is just starting Kara), and some block value. I think my base block value with the steam-hinge is currently 350.

The main question for me, is should I save my badges for some of the new tanking items before going for this neck, or would this neck really help out with gaining threat? I'm sitting at 35 badges exactly right now.

Thanks ahead of time.

veneretio
11-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Block rating is a weak stat that you won't need to worry about utilizing until you need to make a passive uncrushable set. (this is a long, long way down the road) The Block Value loss may make your Shield Slams look less pretty, but 21 Expertise offers a far greater threat increase.

This is a massive upgrade for you and I definitely recommend you get it immediately given your current neckpiece.

Shaiden
11-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Cyp:
I picked this up from Maiden's necklace. There has been a noticeable chance in my TPS since then, and I would highly reccomend it.

(It helped that I picked up the tanking lollypop at roughly the same time though ^_-)

Syana
11-23-2007, 07:00 PM
70 Badges of Justice for Brooch of Deftness and Bracers of the Ancient Phalanxis the best tanking investment you can make.

Marsellus
11-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I bought one and plan on using it over even Pendant of Titans in a lot of situations.

Nilya
11-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a huge upgrade over the chain, and a very sensible allocation of heroic badges.