PDA

View Full Version : Dps gear choices

Bonerot
11-23-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm a 375 BS, armor smith specialization. I have crafted the Breastplate of Kings. Just last night I got the Panzar'Thar Breastplate from Nightbane.

Now I've been trying to fix my dps set which is really aweful at the moment and I had been spending the money to get aldor exalted and get my Vindicator's Brand.

I have to choices now, regem the Breastplate of Kings for dps and get the Vindicator's Brand for my MH or switch to weaponsmith and get some other weapon.

Is it worth it to change to weaponsmith or will that aldor weapon do well for me? I don't see myself getting into SSC before the xpac so I would only ever be able to upgrade to the weapon that requires nethers.

edit: I forgot to mention I'm prot spec now, the MT for one of our Kara runs. Would the choice change though if I wanted to respec for raid dps in the future?

skel1977
11-23-2007, 07:43 AM
do you run arena at all? I am weaponsmith. I run arena as well. Currenly Im using thunder.
Weaponsmith is worth it only if you can upgrade to deep thunder or whatever spec you use, otherwise run arena and get a season 2 or season 3 weapon if you can get the rank.

Edit :Oh just saw you wont be able to upgrade. You can upgrade once with 8 primal nethers I believe. If you can do that take weaponsmith. If not the advice i gave you above still stands.

Another option would be buying season 1 weapon with honor although its not a huge upgarde from any of the blacksmithing weapons you can make. Season 2 is roughly 17.6 dps upgarde not including the crit/resil on it

veneretio
11-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Weaponsmithing definitely isn't worth it. As skel said, Arena offers similar/better weapons and the Armorsmith chestpiece is absolutely amazing.