PDA

View Full Version : Geming options for Unwavering Legguards

brain9h
11-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi Guys,

So I got the Unwavering Legguards for 75 badges.

Now, I never every bothered with socket bonus, but that +6 stamina is cheesy... My plans were always to gem it with 3x solid stars of elune for +36 stamina for max EH, but thinking better, and noticing that I lost quite a bunch of dodge in the upgrade, I decided to go rainbow. I love EH but I still balance is needed, so... here's what I plan

Blue socket : +12 stamina
Yellow socket: +4 defense rating + 6 stamina
Red socket: +4 dodge rating +6 stamina. (murmur's stone)
Socket bonus: +6 stamina.

So, instead of +36 stam, I got +30 stam, + 4 defense rating and + 4 dodge rating. Seems excellent, I trade +6 stamina for +4 defense rating and +4 dodge rating, specially cause I'm exceeding 21k HP buffed now.

Another option would be to get a +8 dodge gem, that would give me +26 stamina, +4 defense rating, +8 dodge. Seems fine too, I might do that actually.

Here is my armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Norikk)

I socketed those mechanar stones with parry just while I make a definite choice.

What are your opinions? +36 stamina all the way, or seek the +6 stamina sock bonus?

cheers,

Lavache
11-23-2007, 08:37 AM
i was leaning towards the 3 solid stars, but you bring up a very convincing argument. i am not intrigued. i just picked mine up last night and havent gotten gems in them yet.

veneretio
11-23-2007, 08:47 AM
4 Defense, 4 Dodge vs 6 Stamina

I think I'm going to stick with the Solid Stars of Elune.

faitas
11-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I thought about that too
Interesting thing is that the more I started going for EH the more it seems the best choice
So my answer to you is:
It's a good choice to go for the socket bonus, but I will go for 3 ssoe when I get them

brain9h
11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Dodge is good. I think for the current level of progression, I have too much EH already... well, not sure, my guild is in early SSC/TK with only Lurker and VR dead, Hydross at 1%, I think I do have enough HP/Armor, and this item seemed like a good way to fit in a bit more avoidance at the expense of a stat that I already have enough.

On the other hand, I still think no EH is ever enough.... hummm... now you got me confused veneretio :D

veneretio
11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
The way I handle encounters where I need more avoidance is I swap different pieces in. Socketting is fairly permanent (certainly not something you'll want to change back and forth every instance) so I always choose the EH route since as you know some encounters require as much EH as possible.

Syana
11-23-2007, 06:56 PM
The difference is pretty minimal. I haven't failed to MT anything because I didn't have all Solid Stars in my sockets.

Taelas
11-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Solid Star of Elune all the way, in my opinion. If you want a piece with avoidance, regem your previous legs for avoidance (unless they are crap).

Arrivan
11-23-2007, 08:55 PM
If you have Wrynn Dynasty Greaves, gem them up for avoidance and match the socket bonus. If not, T4 legs would be just as good. I'd personally make the Unwavering legs into my EH pants and do what I just suggested.

Fwip
11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I socketed mine with a unique-equipped +5 parry rating/+6 stamina gem, a +8 hit gem, and a +12 stamina gem.

Difference from all 12 stams:
+5 parry rating
+8 hit rating
-12 stamina
For me, I think the extra threat and avoidance outweigh the gain of health. Of course, I'm not tanking BT either.