PDA

View Full Version : attumen bracers or badge bracers?

uruloki
11-23-2007, 07:08 AM
so i find myself in the dilemma of figuring out which bracer is more beneficial for me. at the moment i feel comfortable with the ammount of EH i have, for the content we're at (t5 content) and am concerned mostly about more threat. now, the bracers are pretty simmilar between them, and exactly the same ammount of sta after gemming/enchanting and im pretty sure they have simmilar armor (badge definetly has more though), so the point of this thread is... is 5.xx wep expertise from the badge bracers offset the 33(ish)BV from the attumen bracers?

veneretio
11-23-2007, 08:45 AM
The Expertise on the Badge Bracers does offer a much more substantial threat increase than the Block Value on the Attumen Bracers. You also shouldn't discount the Defense Rating increase you are going to get. Badge Bracers are a very strong upgrade and I highly recommend them.

uruloki
11-23-2007, 08:50 AM
is there anywhere i could see the comparison? i like crunching numbers from time to time. not to mention that makes me consider other gear changes for the badge stuff.
as for the defense deal.... /shrugs. i got too much as it is. i dont see myself getting passive uncrushable any time soon so stacking more defense is pretty pointless.

the AC increase is nice though, considering im running with a semi-crappy shield (nightbane one). /sigh at s3 shield... or maybe the ZA one.. doodeedoodoededoo~~

Signu
11-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Vambraces of Courage versus Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx for comparison.

Cypress
11-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Well you get an equal amount of stam, but 69 more armor, so you actually get more EH out of the badge bracers. You also get more defense, which might come in handy for some more avoidance or swapping other items out, and you also get 22 expertise, which I would value > 33 block value unless you're already capped on expertise.

I'd say badge bracers, easy. They're better in every department.

Anansi™
11-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Badge.

More Armor, Same Stam, I believe more defense, but most important is the expertise. A lot of fights and places now require quick threat gen, expertise will help threat gen as well as help keep down your incoming damage through parry prevention (I lol'd typinging that.) DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH PARRY PREVENTION? NO? EXPERTISE MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOU THEN! CHECK YOUR LOCAL BADGE VENDOR TO HELP BOOST YOUR EXPERTISE AND BOOST THE PARRY PREVENTION MOVEMENT.

Now I feel silly, but oh well.

veneretio
11-23-2007, 01:42 PM
is there anywhere i could see the comparison? i like crunching numbers from time to time. not to mention that makes me consider other gear changes for the badge stuff.
as for the defense deal.... /shrugs. i got too much as it is. i dont see myself getting passive uncrushable any time soon so stacking more defense is pretty pointless.

the AC increase is nice though, considering im running with a semi-crappy shield (nightbane one). /sigh at s3 shield... or maybe the ZA one.. doodeedoodoededoo~~
The old threat formula rule of thumb had 0.6%-0.7% = 29 block value (reference: Ciderhelm's Fortifications)

So averaging it out to 0.65% = 29 bv you get 1% to hit = 44.6 bv
1 expertise skill = 3.9 expertise rating = -0.25 dodge/parry = 0.5% hit for a tank
2 expertise skill = 7.8 rating = 1% hit
thus, 7.8 expertise rating = 44.6 block value

So the badge's 22 expertise rating = 2.8% to hit = ~125 block value

So based on that original formula you've got the Badge bracer being over 3.5 times as effective for threat as the attunemen ones while offering more armor and more defense making them the clear winner :)