PDA

View Full Version : Casual question on update

Hargael
11-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Hello all mighty warriors

I am new to this forum and have some questions about update. My guild and I are casual, we are a small group playing Wow from the beginning and doing almost one dungeon per week. We just started heroic mode and damn it does hit hard ! We'll propably never do Karazhan because we don't have 10 people (maybe one day I'll try PUG).

I finally managed to get revered Keepers of Time, and want to buy 29184. But I don't know what sort of gem I will put on it. My curent set is avoidance oriented and was enough for normal mode, but our first tries on heroic mode show me that perhaps I need more mitigation. Is it time to fill slots with 24033 ?

And next choice is about helm: I have almost all mats for 23535. Do I get it or wait for enough badges for 32083 ?

Here is my current profile : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&n=Hargael)

Any suggestions are welcomed :)
Thanks

PS: sorry for my bad english :eek:

veneretio
11-23-2007, 07:42 AM
The Timewarden's Leggings are a fantastic piece at your stage in the game. If you have a lot of gold then Solid Stars are perfect for it, but +9 Stamina jewels can go a long way too. I definitely recommend you get Helm of the Stalwart Defender and put your badges towards something with more longevity. (the belt is a very strong upgrade for instance)

Oda
11-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Personally, I'd hold off on Helm of the Stalwart Defender and put those mats/money towards getting your Breastplate of Kings crafted, assuming you're going Armorsmith. The Stalwart helm is a pretty nice helm, but I think the Breastplate gives you more of an upgrade now than the helm does over your Felsteel Helm.

And I agree with Ven, the badge helm isn't great. I would replace it with the T4 helm off Prince, while the belt, for example, I wouldn't replace until late SSC, and perhaps not even then.

Hargael
11-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Thx for answers !
I am armorsmith of course, but was afraid of the big loss of defense if I switch from 29127 to 28483. Maybe I have to do some maths to check that. Don't want to go under 490.

PS: Vene, your blog is awesome ! Waiting for next update !

veneretio
11-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Thx for answers !
I am armorsmith of course, but was afraid of the big loss of defense if I switch from 29127 to 28483. Maybe I have to do some maths to check that. Don't want to go under 490.

PS: Vene, your blog is awesome ! Waiting for next update !
You'll lose roughly 20 Defense Skill switching from the Hauberk to the Kings chest. And thanks for the kind words Hargael :) (although searching around here probably will find you even better info!)

Marrick
11-23-2007, 11:19 AM
These guys are spot on. I'm using the Breastplate of Kings and it's an amazing tanking piece. Making up for the defense can be difficult initially, but it's worth it for the amazing EH (Effective Health = Stam + Armor) and threat stats. If you're doing a lot of heroics it won't be hard to upgrade either.

Hargael
11-23-2007, 12:14 PM
You'll lose roughly 20 Defense Skill switching from the Hauberk to the Kings chest.

Does it mean that you wouldn't put Solid Star of Elune on it ?

veneretio
11-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Does it mean that you wouldn't put Solid Star of Elune on it ?
No, I still would. (actually you can even check my armory and see that I have too for myself) I just recommend making up the Defense loss in other areas. Often this is done in the early development for characters by using both trinket spots for +defense rating items.

Marrick
11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Exactly. I used Dabiri's Enigma and Regal Protectorate for a long time to make up the defense lost (and because I couldn't get any other trinkets to drop...)

Hargael
11-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I already have both so it should be ok, thanks for all this help :)

Hargael
11-24-2007, 01:56 AM
After almost 3 years playing Wow I finally realised that I was misunderstanding one important thing: defense rating is not defense skill ! I thought that without my 29127 I would lose 46 defense skill points (and I was afraid of that), but thanks to Fortifications (http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/theory-articles-guides/31941-fortifications-warrior-reference-guide.html) and all the fantastic work done by everybody here I realised I was wrong. Never too late :)

So 28483, be prepared, soon you'll be mine ! :D