PDA

View Full Version : Dismal Opinion of DPS Warrior's

Pongo
11-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey everyone,
This is my first post on the forum, and damn I'm glad I have finally found somewhere that talks about the fine art of tanking and melee dps :)

This has probably been discussed numerous times, and I'm sorry if it's yet another rehash. The general WoW community seems to frown upon DPS Warriors, especially DW Fury spec. My current guild has been quite happy to use my Shadow Priest in everything from Kara all the way up to The Eye. Though they (and most of the server for that matter) have a very low opinion of DPS warriors. As far as most people are concerned we have low DPS and are just a wasted slot in a raid? People have been trying to tell me to go Prot, but to be honest, DPS is much more fun than being a meat tank.

Personally I think that a good dps warrior is fantastic for raiding. We can off-tank (not that well), can deal out a ton of aoe damage and rogues love us for Battle Shouts. So why are we constantly pigeon-holed into tanking only classification?

Taelas
11-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Fury warriors are definitely competitive DPS.

The reason a lot of people classify warriors as tanks is that in the past, only warriors could realistically tank, and people apparently have a hard time letting go.

Prejudice exists everywhere -- I remember not too long ago when a guildmate asked me if I wanted to join a normal Botanica run on my Feral druid as DPS. I said 'okay', but the guildmate couldn't convince the group to let me in. They were certain druids couldn't DPS -- and even the Restoration druid already in the group was adamant that a druid wouldn't do as DPS. Despite the fact that my druid has epic DPS gear, and has been in top 5 on Gruul on more than once occasion.

My point is, some people simply don't know what they are talking about.

The best thing you can do is to show them what a Fury warrior is capable of.

Any class and any (decent) spec is viable in a raid setting. Maybe not optimal, but definitely viable.

Pongo
11-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah I agree. This warrior was actually my first character, which I created back in December 04. I lived through the "Warrior IS Tank" era, and rolled with it. Come the expansion our options had been significantly broadened, what with DPS Plate (not exactly easy to obtain before 25 mans) and an extra 10 points to pump into the arms/fury tree's.

I constantly get into discussions with acquaintances in game about the viability of a DPS warrior. Though I think it's now just degenerated into a joke on their parts as they really are not willing to look past the Rogue/Mage/Warlock DPS adage.

Shortypop
11-23-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm lucky enough to have a pair of really good dps warriors around, I love them (sure maybe I'm biased as warrior cl), but they've OT'ed the second half of kara (not the first, mainly because we have a couple of undergeared tanks); they're a form a "crowd-control" in za and SSC (are definitely our fastest totem killers), if we're short; they make excellent Olm tanks for HKM. And as the OP pointed out their shouts are useful - even more so for druid and pally tanks.

I think two things make a good dps warrior, over an above a good understanding of dps warriors ofc:
- an open mind to putting on a sword and board, and a basic understanding of non-prot tanking.
- very good, what I will term, 3D awareness (this is very true for all melee classes). Unlike ranged that stand at a distance (and so have an agro advantage) melee have to be very aware of cc, use intercept wisely else you get a raged starved tank, be careful where they are standing, and be even more careful in the many un-melee friendly encounters.

I guess part of the bad reputation dps warriors have comes from a lot of bad dps warriors about and I will admit in hard 5mans (which you don't outgear and which require a lot of cc) they can be harder to slot into a group. A lot of the dps warriors on my server are pvp-orientated ones, I'm not sure if that's because getting through the 5mans and 10mans is so difficult or is a personal choice. Personally I think the worst thing in the world is to make someone tank who doesn't want to, it should be a labour of love and nothing less.

I specced fury for the first time ever a few days ago (levelled orginally as a very bad arms build before going prot at 60) and ran heroic slave pens and mechanar -- I broke more sheeps than anyone else, died more than anyone else (odd not having the healers mainf focus), but probably had more fun than anyone else. I would never give up tanking, but 24hours in a dps warrior shoes made me appreciate them even more.

Lavache
11-23-2007, 08:29 AM
i agree with shorty. we have had some really good fury warriors around who also make good OT's in karazhan and beyond. and with half way decent gear they can crank out the damage. i went on a heroic SP run yesterday with another warrior - both of us protection. i dual wielded through most of it and my numbers came up right around what some of our dps kicks out in kara and gruul's. this is as protection spec. i do have good weapons (sword from eagle boss & fool's bane) and that helps a lot, but the rest of my dps gear is generally pre-karazhan level. in a regular SL run earlier this week i tossed on dps gear for the first few pulls - up to the fel guards before the 1st boss and was on top of the groups damage - again im protection spec.

i have also used fury warriors as CC in heroic SH, Ramparts, and Mech and it worked out just fine. makes the 3rd boss in heroic SH almost a joke since he just goes from warrior to warrior.

a good fury warrior is an incredible asset to a group - there are just a lot of idiots out there - just like hunters.

veneretio
11-23-2007, 08:56 AM
The issue really is about competitive advantage:

A Feral Druid can do similar dps to a Fury Warrior while being a better off-tank and offering both a Battle Rez and a Innervate. This makes them much, much stronger choices for 10 mans over a Fury Warrior fighting for the same spot. (that being said, fury warriors are better off-tanks than Feral Druids if you MT is a Prot Pally due to the necessity of Thunderclap)

In a 25 man setting, sure 1 Fury Warrior is really nice b/c most of the time they'll just be doing some fantastic dps and occasionally they'll tank some adds on tank heavy boss fights. (they run into the same issue though of why not just bring a feral druid instead?)

thugthedum
11-23-2007, 04:24 PM
our guild is, well, a bit touched sometimes. We've brought three warriors and three rogues to Karazhan before, one arms, one fury, one prot. It is totally possible. One of our Fury warriors is consistently top three DPS beating all sorts of people you didn't think a fury warrior should be able to beat. We're all skilled, luckily, and willing to do what it takes to make a raid work- so at the end of the day all it means is that I don't have any of the maiden gear.

5 mans are tighter - but I've done mech plenty of times with a dps warrior and me tanking. As long as you have enough CC and enough heals, and skill - dps warriors should do just fine.

Pongo
11-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I will agree my former guild on another server loved my DPS warrior. I was their dps/OT for Kara and Gruul's. I was generally in the top 3 damage dealers. The Rogues loved my Battle Shout also.

I've now just reverted this guy to PvP. I personally don't really get into PvP. But hey, better than just letting him sit there growing mould :)

gazhkull
01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Two reasons:

1. Melee unfriendly encounters.
Plenty of encounters are pretty hard on melee due to design (e.g. Prince) and having too many of them are a definite disadvantage. Have you heard any encounter which recommends bringing less ranged dps? yeah, like never.

2. Limited Raid utility.
Dps warriors only bring DPS to the table compared to the other dps classes. You might get 1 in a 10 man raid for blood frenzy and shouts. For the rest, unless your damage is truly over-the-top outstanding compared to the rest of the raid (like consistently #1 or #2 on the damage charts) , there isn't a compelling reason to bring a second DPS warrior along when alternatives are available that offer better raid utility.

I wish it wasnt so, but it is.

brain9h
01-25-2008, 07:21 AM
(they run into the same issue though of why not just bring a feral druid instead?)

The reason is mostly progression. There's no point in taking 5 rogues when only one will get the loot and the dps plate will go DE. Gear up faster == progress faster.

In my guild our dps group was just fantastic before our shammy rerolled
- Shaman Enhancement
- Warrior Fury
- Druid cat form
- Rogue
- Rogue

And ocasionally a Ret Pally as well.

We are 5/6 SSC and folks in this group could pump out 1200 sustained dps each... just insane. If this were a 5-rogue group, you would get far less dps and wasted loot.

spanishninja
01-25-2008, 11:29 AM

A Feral Druid can do similar dps to a Fury Warrior while being a better off-tank and offering both a Battle Rez and a Innervate. This makes them much, much stronger choices for 10 mans over a Fury Warrior fighting for the same spot. (that being said, fury warriors are better off-tanks than Feral Druids if you MT is a Prot Pally due to the necessity of Thunderclap)

In a 25 man setting, sure 1 Fury Warrior is really nice b/c most of the time they'll just be doing some fantastic dps and occasionally they'll tank some adds on tank heavy boss fights. (they run into the same issue though of why not just bring a feral druid instead?)

I have yet to see a feral druid that can match rogue/warrior dps, especially with enhancement shaman in the group.

skdal
01-25-2008, 01:13 PM

Feral druids are nowhere near the same level as rogues and warriors in terms of raid dps. You dont stack a melee dps group with GoA totem just so the feral druid has higher dps. you stack a melee dps group with WF totem so the RAID has higher dps.

Rogues and warriors are the top echelon of melee dps, and pretty much dps in general. There is the occasional warlock just spamming shadowbolt who comes out near the top but for the most part, if you have a competent melee dps group, they are going to be the best source for your raid dps.

Two reasons:

1. Melee unfriendly encounters.
Plenty of encounters are pretty hard on melee due to design (e.g. Prince) and having too many of them are a definite disadvantage. Have you heard any encounter which recommends bringing less ranged dps? yeah, like never.

2. Limited Raid utility.
Dps warriors only bring DPS to the table compared to the other dps classes. You might get 1 in a 10 man raid for blood frenzy and shouts. For the rest, unless your damage is truly over-the-top outstanding compared to the rest of the raid (like consistently #1 or #2 on the damage charts) , there isn't a compelling reason to bring a second DPS warrior along when alternatives are available that offer better raid utility.

I wish it wasnt so, but it is.

Out of all the fights in BT and Hyjal, I cant think of any that are absolutely terrible for melee dps.

In Hyjal you first meet Rage Winterchill. A fight that can be bad for any dps class simply depending on the placement of death and decay. I've gone an entire fight without having to move for it once, on the other hand I've had to move 4 or 5 times a fight. Anetheron is next and has no mechanics that make having melee dps bad. After that, Kaz'rogal is next. A fight that burns your mana. How many melee dps have mana? I guess enhance shaman is the only one. Azgalor is the next and I suppose that this fight could be considered terrible for melee dps. Simply because most ranged dps can outrange the rain of fire which causes it to be cast on the MT/melee dps every time. However, given your strategy on the fight, and with the AoE silences, this fight could be just as bad for ranged dps. Finally you have Archimonde. This is another melee dps fight. Ranged dps are often taking nature hikes avoiding the fires which leaves little time for actual dps. All the while melee dps are pounding away. Warriors are actually the best source of dps on this fight because of our ability to break fear every time Archimonde uses it, and our intercept ability to counter air burst.

In BT you have Naj'entus, which really has no negative effect to having melee dps as long as you have decent healers. Then supremus who is so easy you can 20man him. But for fairness, I would agree with anyone who says this is a pretty dumb fight for melee dps. Even casters like mages who have to stand still. This fight goes to DoT classes simply because of phase 2. After that you typically meet Shade of Akama which is pretty much a melee dps fight with ranged dps taking care of adds. Next you check out blood boil, who again has no 'anti-melee' mechanics. The only thing bad here is that fury warriors can find themselves threat capped if the tanks get bad luck. RoS favours melee dps because of the mana draining phase and the ability to go 'all out' for the entire duration of the fight. Sharahz has nothing bad about melee dps. I.C. again has nothing bad for melee dps other than a concecrate that is easily avoidable and the target is moved out of. That leaves illidan whom I dont have enough experience with to comment on. But from the looks of it, ranged dps should be favoured.

So, in end game raiding, thats what? 2 fights that are pretty abysmal(depending on strategy it could be only 1) for melee dps out of 14. Hardely a bad call to bring melee dps to a raid.

On top of just raw dps, warriors provide utility to a raid:

-The ability to OT trash/boss adds easily
-Battleshout for melee dps
-5/5 demo shout for use with CoR
-Blood frenzy

If you dont have a warrior MT (a pretty common thing nowadays) dps warriors also provide:

-Commanding shout if needed
-Sunder armor
-Imp thunderclap

Lets also not forget to mention that balancing your raid results in more drops being used and less being sharded. Which should increase raid dps more so than having 10 rogues or 10 warlocks in your raid.

Arms and fury warriors both have respectable spots in raiding and its up to us to show everyone what we can do.

To get back to the OP, I think the reason that there is such a negative view of dps warriors has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of dps warriors are bad. Playing a dps warrior takes some knowledge of your class mechanics and game mechanics to be able to maximize your dps. A lot of people just dont put in that effort and end up making themselves, and the rest of us bad. I think its up to those of us who do take the time and effort to maximize our dps to prove to others that we do belong in end game raiding.

PS: 5/5 Hyjal 8/9 BT and my guild uses a feral druid MT and 3 dps warriors (we had a 4th for a long time but he recently quit)

Toniblade
01-28-2008, 10:46 PM
re: Archimonde.

We just had our first night on him, and our doomfire control needs a lot of work. Our melee team (from memory, feral druid, fury warrior, rogue (I don't know his spec) and enhancement shaman died many times from fires passing right through Archimondes personal space. I was tanking and probably ate half a dozen of them myself.

Meeks
01-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Out of all the fights in BT and Hyjal, I cant think of any that are absolutely terrible for melee dps.

To be fair there are a decent amount of fights with a mild to heavy bias to range. These are listed more or less in order of how bad it effects melee from least to most.

Kazrogal...unless you are a tuaren you are going to eat a lot of stuns in melee range.

RoS...if you are on interupt duty you are often sitting there just autoattacking so you have your global cooldown ready. Plus phase 3 where reck would be amazing if not for the fact that you die almost instantly if you use it.

Supremus...ranged can dps to an extent during thekite phase

Council...ranged have a lot less aoe to avoid. Nothing sucks more then a blizzard followed by consecrate followed by a flamestrike keeping you off the paladin for 10 seconds

Illidan...HUGE HUGE HUGE ranged bias...there is an entire phase where I sit in defensive stance shooting my bow...which is better the demon phase where I am not even in range to shoot my bow while waiting for demons to intercept.

Meeks
01-29-2008, 06:11 AM
re: Archimonde.

We just had our first night on him, and our doomfire control needs a lot of work. Our melee team (from memory, feral druid, fury warrior, rogue (I don't know his spec) and enhancement shaman died many times from fires passing right through Archimondes personal space. I was tanking and probably ate half a dozen of them myself.

If fire are consistently hitting the melee area it is the fault of the ranged. Fire spawn slightly behind melee and go outwards. The ONLY way they get in there is if someone who they are chasing runs through the melee. Now this will happen once in a while by accident from an unlucky fear...however you ranged are going to have to learn to back up when the fear is incomming so this does not happen.

Melee dps kills archimonde...ranged are just there to look pretty and if they are killing the melee there will be problems. There are enough fights in the game where melee spend half the time doing nothing and trying to survive...this is the ranged chance to enjoy the fun.

Brickhuase
01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
This kind of thing has happened since release to warriors, but time and time again people have had to stop bashing and cry nerf. When sunwell releases and we scale up again we will likely be top of the meters once more. For now in an ideal group we can still hit top 5 if not # 1 ,2 ,3. Some fights our dps is not going to be great, the same can be said for all melee in some fights, i mean on capernian kael phase 1, i go and dance with kael and our rogues.

All you really have to care about is what your raid leader thinks, hopefully if he is your raid leader he will know what dps warriors are capable of and what tools they can bring. If all else fails feel good in the knowledge that you can rip almost any other class apart in PvP :P

Kazaganthi
01-29-2008, 09:39 PM
On my fury warrior, I top the meters on Leo, Vashj, Kael, Void, Hydross, and Fathomlord. Fury is still very strong. Our rogues are hard put to keep up with me, I really don't see a feral druid even coming close.

Kaz

Grabmill
01-30-2008, 06:54 AM
One thing that I didn't see mentioned here yet (but I've been skipping a bit tbh), is that DPS warriors damage outputs scales superlinear with gear.
Just compare it to a mage for example. If you add x spell damage to the mage, he will do y more total damage. This value is independent of the current spell damage of the mage.
For a warrior it's different. If you deal more white damage, you will get more rage and thus be able to deal more yellow damage as well. So every bit of gear improvement, will help you twice.

This is one of the reasons why DPS warriors don't shine in small (5 or even 10-man) groups. The bigger your group is, the more buffs you'll have (for example, extra paladin blessings). These buffs will have more than linear effect on the damage output of the warrior.

And because of the same reason people might be prejudiced. If your guild goes to Karazhan the first time, your mage or rogue might be doing 500 DPS already, while the warrior is perhaps stuck on 400 DPS (just some made-up numbers). This is the first impression your guild gets of the DPS warrior and it will be very hard to remove that impression from people. If you would have the same rogue/mage and warrior in full Karazhan gear, the warrior would probably be on equal DPS level with the rest. The further you go, the more the warriors will start to shine, if they get the chance.

But then Blizzard kicks in again and notices that warriors are oh so overpowered and we get nerfed again. The DPS warriors at the top will be set back to the same level as the other DPS classes, but the starting DPS warriors that still need to fight for their position as a damage dealer will have no chance to keep up with the rest.

*Wall-o-text crits you for 2800. You gain 25 rage*

Ukyo
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
*Wall-o-text crits you for 2800. You gain 25 rage*

Lol, that made me laugh after reading the wall xD

Sadly, all you said is and it will keep being true. I was pushing very low dps when we first started Kara, though i knew 1/5 of what i know now. Then the gear started to drop. Then the class changes dropped in and helped my dps, then my gear got some upgrades. I can push 800~950 dps on a normal raid (Kara, 25-man, some music and watching tv :P) and i'm MS Spec'ed. The DM goes like this:

- Combat Swords Rogue
- Combat Swords Rogue
- Me (yay :D)
- Combat Swords Rogue (needs more gear)

On trash fights and in fights where adds appear, locks and mages put me lower on the DM, but nothing that a SS/Cleave+WW combo can't fix. Fury Spec'ed (it's been a while :P) i was pushing 1000 dps, though a little low, i didn't had the gear i have right now.

Anyway... basically any geared warrior can put some massive DPS if he can make a nice rotation, doesn't fuck up and keeps focused on the raid.

sabinsmain
02-14-2008, 04:34 AM
our guilds in that funky stage of BT/hyjal where we start to maximise raid dps instead of personal....just made our top fury go MS(gogo caty's edge this week) and one of our hunters go survival....so basicaly we rock 2 warrs 2 rogues enhance shammy for our melee group. we bring one survival hunter and one BM... from this change we saw a huge increase in the DPS of the phycal damge dealers; its nice to see....i was told that the only worlds regarding DPS coming out of my mouth have to have the word shield in them...i dont mind but i gotta live the DPS dream through my fellow guild mates..so DPS warrs are alive and well and truely toping meters

dealin
02-20-2008, 01:57 AM
If fire are consistently hitting the melee area it is the fault of the ranged. Fire spawn slightly behind melee and go outwards. The ONLY way they get in there is if someone who they are chasing runs through the melee. Now this will happen once in a while by accident from an unlucky fear...however you ranged are going to have to learn to back up when the fear is incomming so this does not happen.

Melee dps kills archimonde...ranged are just there to look pretty and if they are killing the melee there will be problems. There are enough fights in the game where melee spend half the time doing nothing and trying to survive...this is the ranged chance to enjoy the fun.

there you go right from the dps gods mouth

Archangelneun
02-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Fury warriors are definitely competitive DPS.

The reason a lot of people classify warriors as tanks is that in the past, only warriors could realistically tank, and people apparently have a hard time letting go.

Prejudice exists everywhere -- I remember not too long ago when a guildmate asked me if I wanted to join a normal Botanica run on my Feral druid as DPS. I said 'okay', but the guildmate couldn't convince the group to let me in. They were certain druids couldn't DPS -- and even the Restoration druid already in the group was adamant that a druid wouldn't do as DPS. Despite the fact that my druid has epic DPS gear, and has been in top 5 on Gruul on more than once occasion.

My point is, some people simply don't know what they are talking about.

The best thing you can do is to show them what a Fury warrior is capable of.

Any class and any (decent) spec is viable in a raid setting. Maybe not optimal, but definitely viable.

I agree

Morthengel
03-29-2008, 11:40 PM
You are the one and only fury warrior of your beloved guild and have been farming MH/BT for 2 months. Last raid you did 1.45k dps at Anetheron! And you outdps'd rogues at Archimonde, because on top of haxxing airbursts with intercepts, breaking every fear, you popped a swiftness pot when Archi was running back to the tree, and avoided rogues gaining an advantage on you with their sprint.

You are the champion. all your fellow melee dpsers cheered at you at party chat.

You didnt get into any doomfires thanks to your perfectly setup UI, and healers cheered at you.

You miss your guild's weekend kara run for badges, because you were 15 mins late due to having that 1 more beer at the pub. And you want that crossbow.

You use the LFM interface to get a kara pug going.

The warlock in the group asks: "Are you dps?", you answer "yes". And the idiot warlock leaves the group.

fastidius
04-01-2008, 03:31 PM
LOL.

I got a MrT Normal group the other day. Went in with a pally tank and a rogue and Pugged a Priest and a Mage. The mage said we would wipe if we didnt get more CC...i asked why and he said theres too many big pulls.....he changed his mind after pull 3....on clear he said that it was his fastest and most fun run in about a year.

I think the thing he liked was when we said " sheep the healer to pull then just AOE the %&^$ out of em." We each picked a target to focus on and the healer just renews everyone and group heals....it's a tiny bit more mana usage on a fight but when your killing 5 inside 45 seconds who cares

skdal
04-01-2008, 10:56 PM
To be fair there are a decent amount of fights with a mild to heavy bias to range. These are listed more or less in order of how bad it effects melee from least to most.

Kazrogal...unless you are a tuaren you are going to eat a lot of stuns in melee range.

RoS...if you are on interupt duty you are often sitting there just autoattacking so you have your global cooldown ready. Plus phase 3 where reck would be amazing if not for the fact that you die almost instantly if you use it.

Supremus...ranged can dps to an extent during thekite phase

Council...ranged have a lot less aoe to avoid. Nothing sucks more then a blizzard followed by consecrate followed by a flamestrike keeping you off the paladin for 10 seconds

Illidan...HUGE HUGE HUGE ranged bias...there is an entire phase where I sit in defensive stance shooting my bow...which is better the demon phase where I am not even in range to shoot my bow while waiting for demons to intercept.

I know this is old but I feel I need to reply to share my thoughts.

For Kaz'Rogal the fight is just as easily bais against caster dps because of the mana burn mechanic. Melee dont need to worry about that. If you are at the point where that mechanic doesnt matter in the fight, then you are at the point where it doesnt matter if you have 1 melee or 15 melee.

On RoS, if you are interrupting, then you are required for the fight. You are there to do a very important job. Having a warlock in the place of someone who was interrupting means you are going to wipe. Your dps isnt as important as the job you perform during the fight.

Council isnt really bias either way. Its random. There is 1 single element that melee have to deal with that ranged do not and thats the concecrate. The flamestrike/blizzard could just as easily be cast away from melee and ontop of casters 4 times in a row leaving the melee to zerg the boss while ranged are moving around. I guess the only advantage ranged would have is that they are able to spread out more to reduce the likely hood of such a thing happening, but it still does not completly negate the chance of it happening.

Illidan could definatly be considered a ranged dps fight because of the demon phase. I dont have any disagreement with that.

Skiba
04-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Just to showcase what a fury warrior can do, here is a damage meter (sorry for the blurriness) from hyjal waves through Rage. If you arent familiar, the waves are very aoe heavy.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/alkaline217/warrioraoe.jpg

Thats 12.4% of total raid dps, with the mage trailing at 9.6%. I was also providing a 5/5 battle shout with an extra 70 AP from the solarian trinket for my melee group. Thats nothing to sneeze at, especially compared to what a rogue might bring to a group. Not to mention being able to hold 3-4 adds with ease. I didn't even have a shaman.

Step it up boys, don't let other people saying you have weak dps keep you off the top of the charts.

Ukyo
04-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Just to showcase what a fury warrior can do, here is a damage meter (sorry for the blurriness) from hyjal waves through Rage. If you arent familiar, the waves are very aoe heavy.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/alkaline217/warrioraoe.jpg

Thats 12.4% of total raid dps, with the mage trailing at 9.6%. I was also providing a 5/5 battle shout with an extra 70 AP from the solarian trinket for my melee group. Thats nothing to sneeze at, especially compared to what a rogue might bring to a group. Not to mention being able to hold 3-4 adds with ease. I didn't even have a shaman.

Step it up boys, don't let other people saying you have weak dps keep you off the top of the charts.

Is that overall data? because 7xx DPS from the rogues seems pretty low

Skiba
04-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Yup, overall. All the people above the rogues have more aoe, hence why they are low.

Morthengel
04-14-2008, 01:25 PM
On a full MH raid there is a good possibty that your fury warrior will do the hıghest raid dps.

He will be in top 5 in trashes and rogues will be way behind due to AoE.

He will be in top 5 in boss fights and casters will be way behind except that odd warlock.

He will beat that odd warlock at Archie and top the meter.

He will be first for the entıre raid.

Happened to me a month ago ^^

Now as I am almost fully decked in MH/BT gear + human racial + MrT trinket, rogues are having really tough time keeping up with me even at single target boss fights, thanks to double scaling wıth gear because of rage generation.

Expect a nerf soon.

Anglachel
04-14-2008, 06:13 PM
i recently respecced to fury to get a spot on an SSC/TK raid (ironic, eh?) and i have to say i am very impressed with the spec... especialy the scaling... just by changing my legs from those cheap BoE blues (shattered hand i think?) to the ones from Solarian i jumped 3 places in the meters... and i was 2nd on Voidreaver...

I can't wait to get some more gear and start topping meters...