PDA

View Full Version : Hit ?!

battleangel
11-22-2007, 06:44 AM
hi ;)

to begin with...sry 4 my awful english...^^

I'm just a little rogue, always getting agro and wondering why

now i've seen that our MT's hit rating is 0 (!!!)

Does it have someting to do with agro-building or producing? Do his agro-producing skills miss more often when his hitraiting is low?

There are other tanks with hitratings about 90 and i NEVER get agro

pls help me to understand tanks' behaviour ^^

PS: "agro" - dont know what it is called like in english - it means, that i'm in the target of the mob, not the tank^^

Gehn
11-22-2007, 06:52 AM
I currently run my tanking gear w/ 0 hit rating also (/cry).

I have no problem keeping agro now that I started a new rotation after 2.3.

Were you having this trouble before 2.3? If so, either he is not producing the threat that is needed...or you are not using your agro dumping abilities enough for the dps that you are putting out.

Skips
11-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Possibly you could post a web link to your tanks armory profile?

battleangel
11-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Tank - The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=L%C3%A9golas)

Same problems after Patch - the prob is, that i dont have any problems with other tanks ^^

my Char... The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Battleangel)

same equip-conditions / situation

Shortypop
11-22-2007, 09:14 AM
What sort of places is he tanking - normal 5mans, heroics, kara, 25mans?

The most noticeable thing to me is that his dodge seems high, which means he may well be rage-starved and therefore battling to produce enough threat because of that. 3/3 in improved sunder armour would make his devestates cheaper to use which might help.

battleangel
11-22-2007, 09:39 AM
At the moment - Zul A, Gruul, Maggi

*argh* so many things to translate...dodge...wtf ^^

faitas
11-22-2007, 09:50 AM
i would say try to keep checking his rage
if he is constantly with no rage, then it could be a problem with his avoidance or his rotation
if he is constantly with too much rage and/or bar full, has a good rotation (ss, rev, dev, dev or any other similar) and still can't hold aggro, perhaps he should consider getting a 1.6 spd weapon to dump on heroic strikes

how much threat per second (tps) is he generating? 400-500? if it's over 600 i would say he is doing a good job

veneretio
11-22-2007, 01:06 PM
My question to any rogue regarding threat is always...

Are you opening with a stun?

If the answer is yes, it's your fault. If it's no then it's his fault.

battleangel
11-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Yes - i'm opening with a stun and Gruul an Maggi are stunned because they are laughing at me^^

So ein Schmarrn...

Dont think, i'm a boon because my english is that bad
I do know - stun = no dmg = no fury/anger (what is the red bar called?!)

btw...i listend the encounter^^

600 DPS? *rofl* noway - maybe about 300-400 (Tanks DPS)

swiftbladez
11-22-2007, 11:10 PM
hmm angel,

i would suggest you try this.
assuming your tank would use sunder armor,
1.wait for 2-3 sunders before you start dps.

if you still pull aggro, it probably is because he is not generating enough threat.
or he is not prot specc.

my rogues usually dont open with stun, especially on trash mob.

battleangel
11-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I CANT OPEN WITH A STUN! ^^ (especially on trash mob)

faitas
11-23-2007, 04:50 AM
600 DPS? *rofl* noway - maybe about 300-400 (Tanks DPS)
no angel
tps
threat per second
do you use omen or ktm? take a look at how much tps he's doing

EUN
11-25-2007, 10:51 AM
with you opening with whatever (provided you can withstand a hit or two if you happen to pull aggro).

If you are stunning the kill target, the tank should have no prob getting aggro back
If you are stunning an off-target, you deserve to die
In any case, as long as you keep your target next to the tank, the tank should be able to grab the aggro back when he/she is ready (but until then, YOU are that target's tank - grats!)

I love tanking with a Rogue in PUGs and I have never had any probs. I actually PREFER the Rogue to open with a stun, cause it gives me a chance to switch and build aggro on the other targets, then switch back, taunt, bash and presto - I have the aggro back before the mob wakes up. :)