PDA

View Full Version : Hex-lord fear issues?

Shaiden
11-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Hey all,

Last night we cleared up to the hex-lord in ZA. It was pretty freaking sweet!
If it weren't for a resisted taunt, I'd bet we would have gotten 2-3 timed events done too :D.

Anyway, we attempted the hex-lord for over an hour, sometimes getting him to 50%, sometimes not, we seemed to have a lot of CC control issues. That's not the focus of this post, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be grand!

My issue is when hex-lord soul drain's a priest. The priest has the abilitly to use mind control (4 raid members mind controlled = suck) and psychic scream. The pyschic scream seems to be the real killer for me. Every time I successfully ate it, I would COMPLETELY lose aggro.

Here's an example:
1. Psychic scream, he chases after me for the duration of fear
2. After fear is over, he runs over to the far-away hunter
3. Hunter successfully tanks him for a fair amount of time, with me attempting to regain aggro.
4. Hunter FD's, hex-lord goes after the rogue next to him
5. Rogue dies, malacrass goes after nearby warlock

etc etc etc

There were multiple aggro-sheds, but I could NOT regain aggro. Has anyone noticed this? Or does it just sound like I was filled with suck that day? =/

P.S.
Since we're on the subject, how much shadow resist would you suggest to trivialize the fight (in ciderhelm's words) :P

Orokosaki
11-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Fear no longer causes you to lose aggro since the patch. So if you were having issues with it- it's because DPS was passing you in threat to begin with.

The fact that a hunter was tanking him for a time and the rogue and lock continued to DPS through it should provide enough of a reason for all three of them to be significantly over you since by that point you are rage starved from not being hit.

Shaiden
11-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Actually, This was discussed slightly more in detail in the chat room earlier :)

The other issue that wasn't really addressed was the fact that the hunter tanked, FD'd, it went to the rogue, then it went back to the warlock, then back to the hunter :P

(I was writing my post in haste yesterday) ^_-
Thanks for the advice though!

Ceravantes
11-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I have yet to notice anything unusual, I would be so bold as to say that you lost aggro during the fear and they didn't stop DPS to let you get it back. Although, this does not seem very likely as the Hunter fd'd and still remained higher.

All I can say is luckily I have not and issues like this, and perhaps you guys were just unlucky?

Shaiden
11-23-2007, 09:01 AM
It's very likely :X The same night I made this post we downed him with no troubles. But that aggro thing is still very boggle'y (But as I said, it's entirely possible that I was just sucking) :P