PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on my gear

Daleallen
11-21-2007, 08:52 AM
i want the max bang for the buck dps. i dont want to under geared compared to my guildies. this is my current gear any suggestions would be great. keep in mind i dont raid or heroic yet.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Daleallen)

Khatia
11-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Overlord's Helmet of Second Sight - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31105) from a shadowmoon quest chain

-3 crit rating
+1 str
+13 hit rating
+3 sockets (sock bonus +4 str)

I'll leave the rest up to my compatriots who know DPS gear a lot better than I.

Fezzick
11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
1. Not a bad start, like the previous poster said, the Overlord's Helmet of Second Sight is a fantastic upgrade. You won't upgrade that helm until your T4 Helm off Prince.

2. Throw a Clefthide Leg Armor kit on your leggings

3. The Adamantite Plate set isn't bad, but theres better out there. Try the Chestplate of A'dal for starters. It's a fairly long chain quest, but soloable. The +6 stats enchant is recommended for DPS Warriors.

4. Unless you get into Arena, your gloves will probably be fine until you get to Curator in Karazhan, so you might want to throw a 15 Strength enchant on them.

5. Your belt isn't bad, but a definite upgrade is Deathforge Girdle which you can grab out of Sethekk Halls.

6. As far as boots go, you don't have alot of options. You can grind up rep in Orgi'la for the Vortex Walking Boots you can get at Exalted. If a month of grinding isn't your thing, you can get Sha'tari Wrought Greaves for completing Shadow Labs. You'll need Shadow Labs anyways for Karazhan attunement (when you get there), so its probably your best place to start. Don't forget to put +12 Stam on them! You can also turn those boots into tanking boots if you need to with gems. (Blizz didn't give us a lot of options here)

7. There's a few rings you can pick up - most of which require 5-man group quests though, for example: Naliko's Revenge, Overseer's Signet or the ring you can grab from Aldor - Revered.

8. If you didn't take the tanking trinket, go back to Hellfire and grab your Bladefist's Breadth. You also might want to think about doing the 2-man quest for Terokkar Tablet of Precision -- its a good trinket to have as a backup or in case you ever need more Hit Rating. If you took my Ogri'la advice, you can pick up a Crystalforged Trinket at revered.

Fezzick
11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh! I forgot you were an Engineer. Being able to craft your Furious Gizmatic Goggles. These goggles are on par with Tier 5 and should be crafted As Soon As Possible! It might be tough to get the Nether until you can get 10 Badges from Kara, then again, maybe you'll luck out on a drop from Normal Shattered Halls or Shadow Labs