PDA

View Full Version : CSG or PT...

bigran4life
11-21-2007, 12:32 AM
K...I'm currently in a semi-social guild that clears kara twice a week and is just breaking the ice in ZA (only bear down so far). I am a warrior tank and I have enough badges for Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian. I understand that CSG has a pally stat on it, however, it seems to be better than the Panzar'Thar BP. Am i missing something? It may be several weeks, if not a few months, before my guild can make significant strides in ZA. Considering my circumstances, does it make sense to purchase the CSG?

Fearonir
11-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Not really tbh. Panzar'thar is better for Warriors definitely. IIRC (I'm a Tankadin) Block Value = threat? Panzar'thar has BV.

Nobody
11-21-2007, 01:22 AM
I'd say it's mostly a question of threat versus survivability. Panzar'thar is a better threat piece, but CotSG is significantly higher on the survivability side of things, due to better avoidance, and also much higher armor.
From what I've seen of the fights in ZA, if you want to help your guild in general move further threat isn't as much an issue as simply surviving the hard hitting attacks, and the better stam, avoidance and armor on the CotSG makes it a better piece for pushing progression there. This is of course assuming spending your badges on a different tank piece wouldn't make a bigger upgrade.

juggernauth
11-21-2007, 03:31 AM
Don't forget that there is a nice chestguard in Zul'jin's loot table, too :).

bigran4life
11-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Not really tbh. Panzar'thar is better for Warriors definitely. IIRC (I'm a Tankadin) Block Value = threat? Panzar'thar has BV.

So the +39 block value on Panzar'thar is beter than the +9 stam, +157 armor, and +38 dodge on the CSG?