PDA

View Full Version : T4 -> T5 theat jump?

Aromit
11-20-2007, 01:18 AM
So, I transferred to a new guild and they're taking good care of me so far, and tonight was my first real raid with them, and I got to tank with the other guild tanks and it went pretty smooth, but I noticed something. One of the Warrior tanks was pulling 1.3k+ TPS on his tank target, and I was thoroughly impressed, but wondered if was just the difference in gear? Right now he's in 4/5 T5 with the Brutalizer and Kaz's shield. I'm still sitting in some T4, and can usually hit around 1.1k TPS if I push hard enough, but usually don't get enough rage to do it on trash. Is the transition from T4 to T5 really that huge of an upgrade in threat? I have a fair amount of hit and expertise thanks to 2.3, so hit rating isn't a huge issue.

My rotation is basically, SS, Revenge, Devastate x3/4, rinse, repeat. Depending on whether or not I have the DPS on my target, I'll usually use a trinketed SS. Liberal usage of Thunderclaps, too.

Nilya
11-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Did you and the other warrior share the same group, and thus group buffs? Windfury and Leader of the Pack are things that could make a difference in threat caps.

Aromit
11-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Yea, we were in the same group, no Shaman as far as I remember.

Kazeyonoma
11-20-2007, 09:31 AM
what weapon are you using? because your weapon will determine a LOT of your threat.

Also, what values of dodge/parry do the two of you have. If he has less overall avoidance (not likely since he's in t5) he gets more rage overall, and thus can pump out more threat.

kryonik
11-20-2007, 09:40 AM
T5 isn't really heavy on avoidance, however it is chock full of SBV. The set bonuses are also great boons to threat production (harder shield slams, faster attacks).