PDA

View Full Version : OT Gruul warrior gearing question

hbombs
11-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Im a prot warr and im going to be off tanking gruul today.

What is the best way to gear for this. High stam and block value?

And what is a good rotation to keep my threat up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Flintridge
11-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm the OT for my 25man and on gruul i generally rock out Stam and +hit. My rotation pretty much is just devastate and SS when its up.

hbombs
11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Thank you for responding. I pretty much went with Stam/SBV. With a few Mis Directs i my threat output was plenty.

(the whole purpose of this response was to test my signature :)

Samthup
11-28-2007, 06:36 AM
don't forget to intervene the MT when its up for extra rage ;)

Cronaldo
07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
WOW I didnt know that tip of use INTERCEPT to the Main Tank!

What is the use of that?

Seph
07-08-2008, 08:12 AM
WOW I didnt know that tip of use INTERCEPT to the Main Tank!

What is the use of that?

It's Intervene, not Intercept. With Intervene you intercept the next attack that would land on the MT, receveing the attack and the rage from it ;)

Intervene - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=3411)

Hamburglar
07-08-2008, 09:01 AM
This is a good tactic in situations where healers are silenced or a boss fixates on someone else. For example, you can intervene the Azgalor MT during the silences to help keep him up or the target of Zuljin's claw rage during lynx form.

I would go threat/stam all the way.

Tatt
07-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Not even reading the thread, just saw Hamburglar and started rofling :p

Cronaldo
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
WOW, really nice tip.

So, is recommended use INTERVENE all the time? or just in some cases?

Krashtork
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't use it all the time. I would save it for when you need more rage, the healers get silenced, the tank drops below 30%, or when he is just plain getting hit too hard. Basically it gives the healers another chance to get a heal on the main tank.

Question: Could a prot pally OT do something similar with blessing of sacrifice?

Hollowskin
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I haven't offtanked gruul in long time.

My choices would be this:
-wear enough prot gear to hit 490 def, then go DPS gear, Dual wield. Stay in Def. Stance, generate 1kTPS very very easily, helps raid DPS too
-Tank gear, full Expertise, Hit, and SBV, in that order
-If your healers are having a LOT of trouble, you always have the option of wearing full HP/Avoidance gear and taunting gruul

Rage starved situations: you're looking for max threat per rage.
Revenge>Devistate>Shield Slam>Heroic Strike should be your priority hierarchy. Never hit 100 rage.

Honestly, i'd go with option 1 unless your main tank has a habit of going down early.

Andenthal
07-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Question: Could a prot pally OT do something similar with blessing of sacrifice?

As far as I know, Sacrifice only transferes a couple hundred points to the Pally. It's far from useless, but not sure it'd be enough in an emergency situation like most are talking about in this thread.

wear enough prot gear to hit 490 def, then go DPS gear, Dual wield.
Only DW until Growth 8(??) or so. Then you will want to put your shield back on because he can start hitting you for 5 digits (10k+)
Also - I think his Hurtful Strike can be Blocked/Dodged/Parried (but can not crit or crush) so gear that helps with this should not be overlooked - can someone confirm please. Have never OT'd him before :(

Wrosh
07-31-2008, 06:18 AM
I assume you are geared for gruul meaning kara/badges gear with the odd blue. Back in those days I would wear full tanking gear on Gruul even though my raid outgeared gruul. Make sure in the first few seconds that you not only don't outaggro the main tank but that you do outaggro the melee dps. Intevene is nice but wait with it until your Main Tank has got steady aggro, also dont forget that if you time it improperly you can get 2shotted with an incoming Hurtfull Strike.