PDA

View Full Version : Slam more or less effective in 5s than 3s and 2s?

Ciderhelm
11-16-2007, 03:27 AM
Is Slam more or less effective in 5s than 3s and 2s (or solo)?

I'm curious how it plays out. This, as a result of watching Kazaganthi's post of Battousia's movie.

Kazaganthi
11-16-2007, 07:11 AM
I think slam more depends on the timing of the person who uses it. It can be effective in all three brackets, but is more of a personal preference thing. I don't use it. However many warriors swear by it. If your timing is perfect, it can be an efficient rage dump. It may have suffered from the recent serverside check system. Any slam warriors have more input?

Kaz

Ukyo
11-16-2007, 11:24 AM
It's been a while since i've done any 5's but i barely used Slam since i was chasing down healers or clothies. If you're timing is right, could be useful, but since i'm playing with +400 ms and the new check system isn't really lag friendly, i barely got time to use it in arena/pvp.

Crimsonstorm
11-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Best in 2s imo because youre the only dps, you have to be able to burst someone down. Also you get attacked more, which means more rage to use it.
Its a lot easier to kill people in the bigger teams.

skel1977
11-21-2007, 09:07 AM
It's less effective as you go up in brackets.

Grognash
11-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Slam is of situational use, if it can be used at all. It is better sometimes to use HS when you are chasing someone and have the rage to dump for it.

Ukyo
11-28-2007, 01:00 PM
I have a weird question, does anyone ever noticed (with S3 n stuff) if Slam proc's Sword Spec?... not the attack itself, but the swing reset?

Kazeyonoma
11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I use slam and live and die by it as Kaz has mentioned some warriors do.

In twos its effective rage dump and a good way to put out lots of damage, especially during a mace stun.

In 3s likewise it is a powerful tool when needing to burst down somebody.

In 5s I use it occasionally, but its not frequent, in most 5s your job is to hamstring and to keep MS on the focused target. Its rare to have extra rage to do this and not be dead since they either ignore the warrior, or burn the warrior first. Sweeping Strikes in zerker stance with 10 charges btw is silly when people cluster in 5v5's,

skel1977
12-03-2007, 06:02 AM
Slam is of situational use, if it can be used at all. It is better sometimes to use HS when you are chasing someone and have the rage to dump for it.

It does