PDA

View Full Version : Imp Hamstring?

Crimsonstorm
11-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Trying to decide if its better to get Imp Hamstring or fill out 2H spec.

+2% dmg or 10% chance to immobilize for 5 secs on a hamstring?

Clyde
11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
The nice thing about Improved Hamstring, from a PvP perspective, is the unsettled feeling it leaves in foes caught by the proc. It's not uncommon for them to panic a bit.

More damage is always nice, of course, but a reaction of OHNOWHYCAN'TIMOVE! has some real advantages.

Marsellus
11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Seeing as how I have to respec weekly in order to get my PvP in, I've tried quite a few specs.

5/5 2h spec, Blood Frenzy, TM, etc.

My favorite so far is the one I tried last week - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdGbogbzbZE0zuMxRc

It is an exact copy of Serennia's build. I had been reluctant to try it since I normally like having TM and hadn't tried imp hamstring before, but I figured he must know what he's doing, so I gave it a shot and was very pleased. Flurry is a great boost in damage (obviously) and when Imp. Hamstring procs you can almost smell people's tears as you smash their face in.

Kazeyonoma
11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I actually like what I"m spec'd 36/25 its a bit strange I know, but Blood Frenzy adds 4% that's more in 2 talent points than 4 talent points in 2hand mastery can give. Sure I sacrifice Flurry, but I never truly had rage issues in 2s and 3s once they started beating on me. But some variation with imp hamstring is must, especially against druid teams.

Marsellus
11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I actually like what I"m spec'd 36/25 its a bit strange I know, but Blood Frenzy adds 4% that's more in 2 talent points than 4 talent points in 2hand mastery can give. Sure I sacrifice Flurry, but I never truly had rage issues in 2s and 3s once they started beating on me. But some variation with imp hamstring is must, especially against druid teams.

From what I've found, unless you have a melee heavy team, flurry is a much bigger damage increase than Blood Frenzy.

Also, what does Imp. Hamstring have to do with druid teams? Can't they just shift out of it anyway?

Kazeyonoma
11-15-2007, 06:05 PM
they can't shift out of the imp hamstring proc from what I've seen.

and true about flurry, but I never did well with it, so i go blood frenzy for my 2s, and for my 3s I have a rogue dps buddy and a healer, so it helps him as well.

Marsellus
11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
they can't shift out of the imp hamstring proc from what I've seen.

That's news to me. They can shift out of every other snare and root.

Ukyo
11-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Druids can shapeshift from Imp. Hamstring, i've seen it too many times (and some chain procs too <3~)

I really like Imp. Hamstring, and i just started using it after seeing the Battousia video, though i took 2/3 imp. hamstring. Still is fun sometimes, makes mages blow their blink so you can use intercept, gives you some time to start blowing imp. slams easier

My actual spec looks like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0gzGbqMbdbZVVzG0ToZc
Why imp. TC and TM? basically because i raid too, and i need some aggro tools, and i like the fact that i can stance switch and disarm some warrior/rogue/pally without having to worry about timing my stance dance. And with Blood Frenzy i can get 1% more damage than if i was using 33/25/3 (without BF, but with 4/5 2h spec)

Kazaganthi
11-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Imp hamstring is an excellent talent. It is huge in arena. Whether you are immobilizing your target or the targets chasing your healer, the root is wonderful. It can give your guys a chance to drink or heal up, and it's always nice when you can stand still and just pummel someone into the ground. It is a much better use of points than 2% more damage.

Kaz

Crimsonstorm
11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
K, I'll try it out this week.

I also have tried many specs as I spec arms each week to arena over the weekend and then back to raid.

I found blood craze to be good in 2v2, much better than commanding presence, and I've found flurry to be better than TM, I dont need to shift a whole lot. Basically against people that dont dodge much I want to be in zerker, against a rogue or druid I want battle.

When I do need to shift, I lose 15 more rage, oh well, flurry is a significant dps increase, which can be very important since Im the only dps.

Crimsonstorm
11-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Marsellus, vs that spec you linked, I have 2 things Im wondering about:

Anger management vs 1 more in 2H spec. Not sure hwich is better.

Imp Execute vs Imp Slam: Imp Slam seems clearly superior. Imp execute is a pve talent, you only execute a couple times in arena, and basically all does it let you execute at 10 rage not 15.