PDA

View Full Version : 35/5/21...

Wulfson
11-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok, so with the new patch, we get all the pvp goodies we need in the arms tree and it occured to me, as im sure it did to others, that maybe there were some new builds out there that are more the viable for PvP.

The build ive been wanting to try is 35/5/21.
For more detail :
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?0500530034201502002120005000000000000 00000000350510033000100000000

With this build, all i really wanted out of it was last stand and concusion blow. The rest of the talents i put in protection where just to make it easier to Tank heroic on the side, which i think alot of warrior will want to start doing.

For PvP though, This build seems really nice. The only thing i would miss is Imp.slam. Otherwise, i can deal with the loss of some ap/hp from CP, Enrage isnt a big deal, since you can still use DW and the two dont stack regardless. PH was alright to have in some cases, but i can live with out it.

But now we have, a 5 second stun on command which has many great advantages in many situations. And an !OH SH*T! button with last stand which could give you that extra hp to survive long enough for a big heal to come through, amongst other uses.

So I think Ive weighed the pros and cons of it, and from my personal opinion i think the pros outweight the cons. As not only are the prot talents useful in pvp, but you gain a viable outlet for tanking and OT'ing in PvE.

Now, i want to know if anyone has tried this spec or anything similar and what their thoughts are on it, and also any comments or contructive criticism about the spec are gladly welcome. Thanks for reading.

Kazeyonoma
11-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I considered this, but I already reach a lot of stun immune players due to procs (i know controlled stuns vs proc stuns don't diminish each other) but I hate to think about wasting it for the other.

In pvp, you get enraged quite a bit, and to lose 25% extra damage is rather substantial.

Grufvendar
11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure about Improved Sunder, I might go for Improved Disarm or even Bloodrage. Also, I think I'd try and work some points into Improved Hamstring.

Kazeyonoma
11-15-2007, 12:35 PM
definitely get imp disarm, any melee fighter you encounter will take a hit if you disarm em, and lots of new players won't think to disarm back, or even have weapon mastery so 10 seconds of disarm is LONG, a healer can heal through an MS debuff if all he can do for 10 seconds is punch him.

Wulfson
11-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Ya gruf, I just threw in imp.sunder because it was partly for tanking heroics, i was thinking maybe bloodrage or imp.disarm might be better for pvp though.

And kazey, so far ive yet to be disarmed in arenas, a few times in bgs and it only seems to be an annoyance. But your right, if i get disarmed for 10 seconds, thats alot of time for the other team to recover, its basically a CC that cant be dispeled. As for the enrage, I think the trade for conc blow and last stand are worth it. Since in alot of cases, you get enrage because you are getting bursted down, and if thats the case, now you can pop last stand and survive a little longer to do more damage.

I figure ill try this spec out next week, since i will have all the arena points i need for S3 anyway. This spec has some very good uses in theory, but if it doesnt match up to the regular arms/fury spec, then ill probably shelf it.

psychostomp
11-21-2007, 06:02 AM
I have been looking to try this build myself with maxed BR and imp disarm am tempted to snag imp revenge for those times i am already in def stance to disarm or spell reflect to possibly get a short stun. If anyone has tried it please give some feed back.

Kazaganthi
11-21-2007, 12:13 PM
It would be a good spec for dueling rogues. However for general pvp, I think having enrage is priceless. The extra damage has a huge impact on most pvp battles where you are not 1v1.