PDA

View Full Version : 41/20 now viable pvp in 2.3?

Axx
11-13-2007, 12:04 PM
With the movement of Imp intercept and Deathwish, is Endless Rage now worthwhile in PvP? I know one of the larger obstacles I struggle with in 2v2, and to a lesser extent 3v3 is rage generation.

I looked through the various threads, but couldn't find any info. Please discuss, or link me a thread that I can read up on.

Thanks in advance.

liquidhelium
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Viable maybe, but still not optimal.

Clyde
11-15-2007, 07:03 AM
I am experimenting with a 41/17/3 build right now. I do miss my Improved Slam. Sweeping Strikes is not as much of an issue for me at present. I'll be happy to report my results, but your mileage may (probably will) vary. I'm a beginner at PvP, and pulling a couple of options I have to think about off in favor of more rage is a good tradeoff for me at my current skill level.

Grognash
12-18-2007, 12:53 AM
41/variants are good in arena if you need the rage (imagine DT vs a 300+ resil opponent who got that shield). You will just trade a full enrage with a buffed MS, and that 4% physical damage increase debuff.

Until you get that S3 mace, skillherald or an S2 weapon, might as well go ER for that added rage.

This build was only made possible through the Improved Intercept and Deathwish changes for 2.3.

Clyde
12-18-2007, 07:22 AM
41/variants are good in arena if you need the rage (imagine DT vs a 300+ resil opponent who got that shield). You will just trade a full enrage with a buffed MS, and that 4% physical damage increase debuff.

Until you get that S3 mace, skillherald or an S2 weapon, might as well go ER for that added rage.

Basically, I am finding that with ER my playstyle changes a bit. I spend more rage on items that I might have passed up on beforehand, demo shout and t-clap and disarm and the like. Right now it's feeling like a tradeoff where I'm dropping a bit (not much) DPS for a gain in utility.

Lots of fun in Warsong, though.

Grognash
12-20-2007, 08:25 PM
For full output per swing, get:

5/5 2h Mastery (+5% damage)
5/5 Weapon Mastery of Choice (for its procs)
2/2 Blood Craze (+4% damage on bleed situations - use Rend! :P)
1/5 Improved MS (+1% MS damage)
2/5 Enrage (+10% damage procs) OR 2/5 Execute (+82 damage per execute)

Syana
12-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Try this:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdAbqMhdioVZf0t)

In Arena, you are either gonna be focused, or not. I have been finding Enrage less than stellar in arena.

Some of you might say "Endless Rage is useless!" But the fact of the matter is, in arena, you are either being CC'd, focus fired, or ignored. Against high resilience targets, you are rage starved more than anything; also you're not enraging because no one is hitting you.

I tried the spec last night and I was able to pressure single targets by myself better. But then I could have just been running into scrubs; which was probably the case.

Grognash
12-22-2007, 07:09 AM
What would produce damage better? having 5/5 2h wep spec or 5/5 imp MS?

All other talent placement similar.