PDA

View Full Version : GCD bug made it to live.

Karsa Orlong
11-13-2007, 07:22 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2720553494&sid=1

Kazaganthi
11-13-2007, 07:39 AM
They have been tweaking this a bit, and many of us noticed a marked improvement on the PTR. I wouldn't be too worried about it. At worst if the version that makes it out is bad. We will have to deal with it a few weeks, then Blizzard will be forced to fix it. A large part of the wow community is warrior and rogues, Blizzard wouldn't want to jeopardize our enjoyment too much.

Kaz

Leytur
11-13-2007, 07:46 AM
I cant access wow forums at work. Anyone care to elaborate?

Atank
11-13-2007, 07:46 AM
What exactly is the GCD Bug?

I know GCD is global cooldown, but I've seen people talking about it, and I'm wondering what is the bug?
(leytur me too :) I'm so happy tankspot works here though)

Thanks,

-Atank

Leytur
11-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Yea thank god!

Atank
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I did read that, but it didnt register I guess cause I figured it'd be fixed prior to release :p

-Atank

Leytur
11-13-2007, 08:11 AM
So basically a GCD is being used without the ability? That really stinks. With my crappy video to begin with.

Urhan
11-13-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't think it'll be that bad. I played some AV on the PTR last weekend, and at one point wound up 1-on-1 with what seemed to be a pretty competent gnome rogue. I had no problems landing special attacks on him, even after burning all my stuns/fear, and he was constantly trying to get out of my frontal cone. Ping was in the low 100's, just slightly better than what I normally get on live.

I suspect I'll have to give up button-mashing on shield slam while I'm tanking, though.

Urhan
11-13-2007, 08:32 AM
So basically a GCD is being used without the ability? That really stinks. With my crappy video to begin with.

Not exactly. The client sees your click, says "GCD!" to you and "(Uh, that is a GCD, right?)" to the server. Server either says "yes", or "wrong, better apologize"; if it's the latter, your client says "Sorry, my mistake, no GCD" and removes it.

Problem is, you've got latency in both directions during the client-server communication, which means there's some lag on the GCD being removed.

Karsa Orlong
11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
In a nut shell there was no reason for them to implement this change but they did it anyways. Blizzard just loves pissing off its player base.

Ukyo
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
I noticed yesterday trying to complete the pvp daily quest. I couldn't even land a hamstring on anyone <.<. Could be i got the crappier end of the stick since i play with +400 ms, but i can only hope they fix this <.<