PDA

View Full Version : Boss Tactics...

Jodatee
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Lets get some people working on posting tank / group strategies for specific bosses in instances/ raids. This information would be very useful to all.

Kazeyonoma
11-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I never did get around to posting my heroic slave pens guide, If i run heroic slave pens this weekend I'll take screenshots and do it in the same format as my mechanar guide.

Kendoka
11-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Thats good to hear Kaz. That guide was very helpful. Hope to see your Slave Pen guide.

Jodatee
11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
oh, and this topic will be especially in demand now that the new patch has lowered the rep requirements for heroics.

Radhja
11-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Each of the bosses will need a separate thread, imo. Or, at the very least, a separate thread for each separate instance (or group of instances, like "Auchindown Bosses" or "Tempest Keep Bosses", not including the 25-mans, of course. They deserve their own thread each.)

pvrhye
12-15-2007, 06:40 PM
I got beat around all night by Heroic Shaffar the other night. If you have any hints on that guy I'd like to hear em.

adrenalize
12-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, WOuld love to hear peoples opinions on how to take this guy down

pvrhye
12-15-2007, 07:57 PM
My guess is cold resist.

adrenalize
12-15-2007, 11:57 PM
The adds were the problem, Plus shaffer himself would keep running away from the group so i got further and further away from the healer.

I bet a pali tank would make that so much easier :(

Marn
12-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Well, the way my groups do Shaffar is, we mark up the adds and focus fire them down in order, and always kill the new adds that spawn before dpsing Shaffar. Being a warrior actually helps you tank this guy because you can Spell Reflect everything he does and as long as none of the sparks become humanoids, your Spell Reflect won't get eaten up by anything other than Shaffar's spells. Try and time it so that you reflect a Fireball, they hit as much as 500 harder, but honestly reflecting anything every 10 seconds is a pretty good boost.

I've never had him run so far away that I range my healer, but then again I tend to tank him where he stands and not move him any more than I need to. He blinks occassionally but odds are he's going to go behind you so just position yourself so that when he blinks behind you he's in an ok spot.

Never ignore the adds though, you gotta kill the adds. There is never a situation where you don't want to kill any adds that are up. If your dps is too low, you're gonna get overwhelmed by adds and wipe regardless of whether you ignore the adds or burn Shaffar. If your dps is very high, then you lose nothing by dpsing the adds and you don't get overwhelmed.

Shortypop
12-18-2007, 12:51 AM
I've done Shaffar in several different ways, largely dependent on group make-up.

If you've got a mage (fire) get them to trinket up and you run in as they let lose a pyroblast - that's half an add down right there. We usually kill two or three of the first beacons.

Again if you have a mage sheep the first add that turns into a humanoid, hunters can also trap them.

If you have a decent number of fears and high dps you can just burn him down - a pally healer helps, as he can bubble and continue healing - keeping the squishier healers alive can be a problem. The main thing with this is that if I fear an add, the chances are it won't come back within melee range after the fear so someone else then needs to refear/cc/kill it.

We've have also burned the adds (that spawn after the three) one at a time, usually til shaffar is on 20% and then we just nuke.

Spell reflect, shield bash, escape artist are all helpful. As is a pally aura either frost or fire as the extra armour is pretty useless.

I've killed him 4 out of 5 times but he is still a challenge, high dps, healthstones/healing potions and a very good healer are essential.