PDA

View Full Version : Get Fired Up!

Kazaganthi
11-07-2007, 06:46 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2766101883&sid=1

Season Three starts November 20th. With all the new changes this should be an extremely interesting season. Hopefully, it doesn't last forever like season two. Also with a bit of luck, I'll finally solidify my teams and push back to the top of the battlegroup.

Kaz

Ukyo
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
n0o0o0o0o0o0o! t_t i just started farming points for my S2 sword

Kazeyonoma
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
in a lot of video's i'm seeing swords as the primary weapon.

I'm still torn from the previous thread about which weapon to pick up. I'm farily confident that once i pick up either a well geared druid or a geared paladin i can break 1850 in my 2v2s easily with my current gear setup, I'm just frustrated because once i get it, will I have enough points to buy it? and if I do, which one!

I am loving my mace right now, and could definitely stick with it, but I feel like there are long chains where I don't crit, and it feels like an eternity.

Gharakor
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
in a lot of video's i'm seeing swords as the primary weapon.

I'm still torn from the previous thread about which weapon to pick up. I'm farily confident that once i pick up either a well geared druid or a geared paladin i can break 1850 in my 2v2s easily with my current gear setup, I'm just frustrated because once i get it, will I have enough points to buy it? and if I do, which one!

I am loving my mace right now, and could definitely stick with it, but I feel like there are long chains where I don't crit, and it feels like an eternity.

Axes right now suffer from the fact that resilience not only reduce your chance to crit but also the damage you do from those crits (If it would only reduce ur % to crit, axe would prolly be one of the top choice for arena). Mathematically, however, axe and swords are quite near each other in dps, due to the fact that axes benefit from Impale and swords ignore resilience ( a crit is 200% dmg which will be reduced by 20% or so on most seriously geared PvPers, a sword will strike twice, ignore that resilience and theorically doing 200% damage)

comparing mace spec and the 2 other specs is quite hard, as they are quite different, it's an ''apples and oranges'' situation.

However, with the new racial weapon specs, orcs might gain a noticeable advantage in using Axes over the other weapons. I'm honestly clueless about what weapons I'll pick next Season, been enjoying sword specs lately, but I am, after all, an orc. Though decision >_<

Kazeyonoma
11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
ALthough I agree with you about the suffering from resilience, but all the specs suffer the same way, you crit less and for less damage. But with axes you crit more often since that's 5&#37; free crit. Sure you lose 20% damage on the crit, but you STILL crit, and that's STILL more damage than any white swing can provide.

Swords is debatable because you swing twice, true, but with it no longer proc'ing off yellow attacks, it seems very lackluster, I'd much rather crit MS/WW/Slam consecutively due to high crit rating for 180% damage, rather than do all that and MAYBE get 1 extra attack inbetween for the white hit swing.

Maces are awesome, I love it right now, but I was just feeling a lack of burstability in my 2s and 3s. I just really sometimes feel like I can't kill that damned enemy fast enough, and its because I don't crit.

No warrior will argue, if you don't crit, things don't die. So axes is seeming more and more enticing, and with -1.25% dodge/parry innately being orc it seems very beneficial!

Ukyo
11-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, maces is a lot of fun when you have good enough gear to break someone in half in less than 1 minute. But after a while, you get bored, like with anything you do repeatedly. But oh well, i guess it's time to save some arena points for gear, no way in hell i'm making 2k in less than 2 weeks :P

Kazeyonoma
11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
same here lol, i've got 1473 points, i need a good 2.4k more points O_o to get that damned weapon. jeezus.

Ukyo
11-07-2007, 08:37 PM
I just decided to send everything to hell, i'm saving points to get 2 pieces of vengeful and i'm picking up the new trinket and the S1 Sword, then we'll see :P

Gharakor
11-07-2007, 10:15 PM
ALthough I agree with you about the suffering from resilience, but all the specs suffer the same way, you crit less and for less damage. But with axes you crit more often since that's 5% free crit. Sure you lose 20% damage on the crit, but you STILL crit, and that's STILL more damage than any white swing can provide.

Swords is debatable because you swing twice, true, but with it no longer proc'ing off yellow attacks, it seems very lackluster, I'd much rather crit MS/WW/Slam consecutively due to high crit rating for 180% damage, rather than do all that and MAYBE get 1 extra attack inbetween for the white hit swing.

Maces are awesome, I love it right now, but I was just feeling a lack of burstability in my 2s and 3s. I just really sometimes feel like I can't kill that damned enemy fast enough, and its because I don't crit.

No warrior will argue, if you don't crit, things don't die. So axes is seeming more and more enticing, and with -1.25% dodge/parry innately being orc it seems very beneficial!

swords can hit twice, for 200% dmg (or better), 5% of the time, + what ever % ur crit is at.

axes can crit 5% of the time to do 180% dmg, 5% of the time, + what ever % ur crit is at.

axes is more noticeable because it add 5% to something you already have, so you have the impression that you are critting way more than 5%.

like I said, both spec are nearly the same, but as people get more and more resilience, axes become affected more, and that's what killed it for me. Pretty sure alot of warriors who are competing at high lvls of arena can agree with me.

I'm not saying axes are dead and not useful, I'm just saying that swords are mathematically better than axes for straight up dmg dealing on heavy resilience wearers. (and it also deliver it's dmg in a more ''bursty'' way, which is always good for pvp)