PDA

View Full Version : Guild Problems-HELP ME!

Krisby
11-04-2007, 05:52 PM
So currently I am the main tank of TBB and I have enjoyed this luxury for a long time now. They have had some serious problems with getting people on to raid lately. We are no longer on kara and moving on to 25mans as our main objective. With this the guild has chosen to make all raids Free For All and allowing anyone who isnt in the guild to be able to raid and have a chance for gear. Using a loot council system. Everything about this I am ok with. The only issue is the FFA system they want to implement.

I totally disagree with this choice not because I am afraid of loosing gear but because this opens us up to ninjas and I am afraid of it seriously affecting moral and making us a pincushion for them. What should I do? The officers and GM wont listen to our concerns and it seems they are saying our way or the highway. Is this the point at which I just give up on the guild or stick around?

I should clarify. Bye FFA I do mean that they will have all loot avaliable for anyone in the raid to loot it. Like physically, no Master looter or group loot.

Ceravantes
11-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Is it only you who has these concerns? ave they laid out exactly how this system will work, what merits will be looked at when awarding loot?

If I was in a guild, and myself and other members had a real issue with a serious change, and I felt my thought's or questions were being overlooked or not answered to my satisfaction, I would move on. If the way I read the loot system being implemented is correct, then there would have to be some serious explanations, and even that would probably not be enough to keep me around.

Syana
11-05-2007, 01:48 AM
This one time, in Molten Core, an officer master looted an Obsidian Edged Blade to a priest by mistake. After that, we did FFA on all our raids. We've never had an item ninja-looted.

Trust is a rare commodity, I guess?

Ciderhelm
11-05-2007, 02:51 AM
The main disadvantage to Free For All looting is that people stay behind during the bidding/decision process and it often slows the raid down. With Master Looter, you leave only a single person at the corpse, who then assigns items to the correct character.

That only matters if you like to push speed and your raiders are used to it. If you aren't going to pull for a while anyway then FFA is preferable, imo.

Which is to say, I wouldn't worry too much about FFA and ninja looting. I don't really know if guilds have problems with ninjas but I assume it's very rare.