PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Karazhan

Lavache
10-30-2007, 05:33 AM
at what point does it become a good idea to remove karazhan from the raid schedule to progress? i personally feel that a large number of people are more than ready to move on past karazhan in terms of gear and ability - but they have the mentality of having to get completely geared coming out of karazhan and i cant get them to realize that they dont.

it really seems like it is one or two people who dont have some item (an epic replacing an epic :confused:)they feel they need and everyone hears them talk about how they cant move on yet and it spreads to the rest of the group.

thanks.

Taelas
10-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Really depends on a lot of factors, such as how deep you've progressed beyond KZ, whether you get new members who need to be geared up through KZ, etc.

A raid force on my server is still running KZ occasionally even though they've just broken into Hyjal.

Ceravantes
10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
If you can clear kara in say 4 or 5ish hours, with little to no wiping (everyone will wipe occasionally) it is time to try and push new content, there isn't a reason to drop kara from your shcedule until you have new content to fill it, concentrate on one new encounter at a time or guild members and yourself will become overwhelmed.

nethervoid
10-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Rule of thumb is to have a progression instance AND a farm instance. So you would add Grulls but keep Kara. You'll probably have to farm Kara for new members until you are pushing past SSC.

Lavache
10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
well. we are in gruul's right now - we can regularly take high king down pretty easily. the only real issues we have there is we dont always have a static raid group and some people are less able than others. gruul is still a bit of an obstacle, but i really think its more a matter of our dps being inefficient than anything else. people that should be in the 600-700dps range are in the 400's- and i believe most of that is related to poor spec's and spell rotations. again, i post everything i can on the forums to try and help and they dont listen. its like herding cats. maybe im just too optimistic about moving on? or just burned out on tanking in karazhan?