PDA

View Full Version : My story

Alpiino
10-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Hello everyone.

I play a lvl70 warrior in Deathwing EU. It was the first character that I made and has been my main allways. I am maintank of a guild which is one of the oldest and biggest in Deathwing. It was founded 16.2.2005 and has 302 players and 153 accounts. It is the only guild I have ever been in and the people in it is the only reason why I have sticked in the guild and in the server, which is pretty much dead due to transfers.
I am a devoted and serious raider. My attendance has been around 90% since the launch of TBC. I cant remember ever missing a progress raid. I dont spare gold when it comes to upgrading/gemming/enchanting my tanking gear. Thats why I never had epic mount before TBC and I still dont have flying epic mount.

We have progressed 6/6 SSC and 3/4 TK which is pretty decent I might say.
We have allways had issues with casual players ruining our raids by not having the slightest clue about the encounters, taking afks in the form of food brakes and such.
It is totally natural to wipe in a new encounter for a while. The learning curve requires wiping. Even the best players cant play the encounter perfectly before wiping on it a couple of times. The thing that bites me is that I have to do the learning curve over and over again because we have different people in our raids allways. That results into farm content wiping. Wiping at farm content eats morale, which is the worst thing that can happen.

Couple of days ago we wiped 4 times at solarian due to casual players blowing up the raid. Yesterday we were practising Kael once again. Most of the players have mastered p1, p2 and p3. But still we had people taking conflags, and dying to the first advisor. On top of that the behavior in ventrilo and raid was horrible. Afk:s and a chaos in ventrilo. It has been like that for a long time, but yesterday was the last nail.

Yesterday I made my desicion and accounced that I will stop raiding because our raid performance is so bad. I know im a vital part to the guild and the guild needs me. I just cant take it anymore. The raid performance has come to a point where I dont enjoy raiding anymore. That is just not the thing that I want from this game. So I specced to pvp and am doing arenas atm. I will be missing raiding. We had some good raids but rarely. Changing the guild is not a choice for me and I am waiting for our raiding rules to change hoping that my desicion wakes up the guildmaster. I am confident that we will have changes.