PDA

View Full Version : 2 Handers Miss/Hit

Mayhoon
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
I know the topic of hit rating has been covered many times in the past, so I'm reluctant to bring it up again, but I'm more curious to it's relation with 2 Handers at the moment.

If memory serves me correct, the miss chance when using a 2 hander is 9% on a boss and the standard miss of 5% still applies for special abilities. Now, is this correct and if so, is there an ideal ammount of hit to have as a 'minimum'? I'm thinking 5%.

My thought is that it's the 2 Hander vs Dual-Wield debate. General consensus seems to be that Dual Wielding puts out more DPS and I know theres math around to prove it, but I find you have to stack so much +hit gear that you tend to miss out on a lot of +crit/ap/str that you could otherwise be stacking if you just used a 2 hander.

I guess I just want confirmation of the right percentages and some opinions on how much +hit is good for a two hander. (cant get to the resources I want... work filters ftl :( )

Arrowson
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I find two-handers (arms) better for PvP and duel-wielding (fury) better for PvE, yet mortal strike can be extremly useful in PvE

Im currently at 100 hit rateing (no misses on yellow) on my DPS gear with no +hit gems and im still missing boots and bracers. I think its kinda along the same lines of getting 490 D rateing for tanking. Once your gear is good enough it just comes.

Daylanor
10-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I think the 9% miss vs a +3 level mob applies to yellow damage as well, but I can't say for certain as I haven't bothered to raid in well over a year.

Special attacks follow the same rules as auto-attacking with a single weapon.
Nothing has changed about that :).

Meeks
01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I know this is pretty old but I came across it so thought I would answer. For a two hander against a lvl 73 raid boss you need 142 hit to be capped for auto attacks and yellow. It is incredibly beneficial to reach this level as until the cap hit has the best returns for item budget to damage produced.