PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on Warrior PVP post 2.3

Kazaganthi
10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Warrior
- Charge will work more often when targets are up against unpathable areas like walls and poles.
- Defiance (Protection) now also grants 2/4/6 weapon expertise.
- Devastate (Protection) now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into its effect. It is also now affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor.
- Disarm is now subject to diminishing returns in PvP.
- Improved Berserker Stance (Fury) now also reduces all threat caused while in Berserker Stance by 2/4/6/8/10%
- Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have swapped locations in the talent trees.
- Intervene will no longer place you in combat.
- Hamstring now has a 10 second duration when used on PvP targets.
- Mace Specialization (Arms) now has a reduced chance to occur but generates 7 rage instead of 6.
- Pummel: Interrupting a channeled spell with this ability will now always properly prevent casting spells from the same spell school for 4 sec.
- Shield Bash: Interrupting a channeled spell with this ability will now always properly prevent casting spells from the same spell school for 6 sec.
- Shield Slam (Protection) now always tries to dispel one Magic effect on the target.
- Sweeping Strikes and Deathwish have swapped locations in the talent trees.
- Sweeping Strikes (Fury) now lasts 10 seconds and affects your next 10 swings.
- Tactical Mastery: This talent also now grants greatly increased threat from Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst when in Defensive Stance.
- Weapon Mastery (Arms) now reduces duration of Disarm effects against you by 25/50% rather than giving you a 50% chance to avoid or full immunity to Disarm effects.
- Whirlwind: This ability now strikes with both weapons when a Warrior is dual-wielding.

This patch will do a lot of damage to warriors. It does have a few small buffs for fury warriors, but they do not offset the nerf. The biggest change will be in the disarm mechanics. Being disarmed is the single greatest killer of MS warriors. Luckily for us, must other warriors or rogues do not take advantage of that. However, if you meet a smart rogue, you are now in for a battle. They will disarm you. This means even if you return the favor, and they don't dodge it, they can still do offhand damage while you can do almost none. It is probably still worth it to take the talent, since reduced disarm is still good.
We knew it was coming. Because Skillherald and Mace spec combined were overpowered, Blizzard makes a mistake and nerfs all mace warriors instead of just the stormherald ones. We'll have to wait and see how much this changes things. Swords here I come!
Now an odd one. Sweeping strikes and deathwish swapped places. I really don't follow the logic on this one. Sweeping strikes is a purely arms talent. It benefits a two handed warrior far more than a duel wield fury. I guess it would work for a two handed fury warrior, but if you are going to use a two hander in pvp....wouldn't you want MS anyway? It is nice that it effects ten swings now instead of 5. This is more of a fury nerf in pve than anything else. A raid spec'd fury warrior now cannot pick up deathwish. For them this is a kick in the face, and it still makes no sense from that viewpoint. The last thing a fury warrior needs at this point is a nerf.
Lastly, I guess in apology for the huge raid fury nerf, they tossed in a small buff to whirlwind. Whirlwind now effects both weapons if you duel wield. This is a nice buff for pvp and raids. It should lead to a significant increase in raid damage, but not enough to upset the loss of deathwish.
In the big picture, yet another disappointing patch for the pvp warrior. We've been hurt in almost every patch to date. It doesn't look like the end is in sight. Look at it this way, each time it just forces us to get stronger...become better players. Then when things balance back out, we will be pvp gods on an even table. I'll be on the PTR sunday to see just how much an effect all this has. I expect it to be quite large.

Kaz

Kazeyonoma
10-12-2007, 01:17 PM
the whirlwind change actually now further advocates slow/slow for dual wielding to maximize whirlwind damage. oh how they have cornered the fury warrior.

Kazaganthi
10-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah Fury warriors definately got hurt more than MS wars. Since I'm planning to roll on warrior as fury in season 3...I'm pretty scared now. On a better note, I found a bunch of cool loot links earlier today. I'll post them up tomorrow morning so you guys can get a look at the new "phat" loots. They have a bear mount!

Kaz

Ukyo
10-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Basically with this, being fury in arena it's pretty much a no-no. I would've liked to try fury in arms for season 3, but now, not so much. I'm liking my 33/25/3 spec much better than my 21/40 spec. The big dissapointment i had was with Executioner, but maybe i though it was gonna be too awesome and seing that could be a nice replacement for Savagery... but now... i don't know. I need to do more testing with it :P

Kazaganthi
10-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Uk, I agree on executioner. It has the potential to be great, but I'm still waiting to see the numbers.

Kaz

Ukyo
10-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Some news on Executioner:

- Doesn't stack. Every proc just renews the buff.
- The proc rate looks a little lower than 1 PPM pvp wise (i've only been doing duels with DT w/ Executioner and DW Executioner :P) and PvE Wise, the proc seems higher (2h is still a little slower with the procs).
- So far, Slow/Slow combo works better than Slow/Fast with 1 weapon enchanted with Executioner, looks like it's gonna be Exe MH and Potency OH

I could post more info about Executioner in Tank Performance, but i ran out of mats lol

psychostomp
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
would it be worth it to replace savagery with executioner if you were 2h dps for pve and used the same wep for arenas?

Seems like the burst potential in arena would be very nice esp with Sword spec.

Ukyo
11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Can't really say anything about PvE. As for arena, the enchant is pretty decent, but the low proc chance could be a big disadvantage on the burst.