PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Silentslayer
10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I have played WoW on and off since release, I have 2 level 70 characters and 4 61+. I have been in the same guild the entire time. This guild will never raid due to a hard core belief in sticking to a casual gameing only attitude.

I find myself wanting to experience the raiding side of the game. I have experienced almost everything else there is.

First my problems, I am 28 Father of 2. I work offshore on an oil rig on 14 day hitches. Which means that for 14 days I cant play the game. But for the other 14 I can really get some WoW time in.

I come with 2 Real Life friends who are solid players. Should we look for a casual raiding guild to transfer to thier server or just give up on the thought of raiding.

Penlowe
10-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I'd say Casual Raiding guild is the way to go, whether you do so with friends or not. You shouldn't be surprised to find other parents in these guilds either- I'm one : )

Casual Raiding guilds generally have room for people like you too, just not a permanent spot on the team if they use that system. There's a guy in my guild who is an oceanographer, like you he's out to sea weeks at a time- but if he's on, we grab him because he's good and fun to play with.

Silentslayer
10-06-2007, 06:52 PM
nice I guess its time for us to start looking for a guild that can take the 3 of us. we dont have to be on the main team I would just like to be able to sub etc..

nethervoid
10-08-2007, 07:43 AM
I would definitely find a casual raiding guild. If you find one on the same server you could just leave some alts in your current guild. Many family guilds have no problem with that. Then you get the best of both worlds! =)

Anaea
10-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Someone's written up a very thoughtful guide to looking for a new guild, on the guild relations forum. Hope this helps you!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2215576089&sid=1

Silentslayer
10-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Well After interviewing with about 12 guilds across many different servers, it seems I will never find a guild to raid with because of my work schedule.

I shall not throw a pity party though :)

I have weighed my options; I currently reside on a low population server which sucks.

I think my best course of action would be to transfer over to a high population server. I will try to make friends there and do heroics when I can.

Can anyone recommend a high population server that has a good economy?

Penlowe
10-17-2007, 02:17 PM
NO!!!! Go to a MEDIUM population server, seriously, high pop servers are nasty crowded.
Medium will get you enough guilds to play with and still opportunities for simple things like flower picking & mining without it being a fistfight for every node. You think Chuck Norris jokes are annoying now? multiply the percent of people telling them on your server by whatever number of players a Full server holds....yeah.

Silentslayer
10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
ok how can I find that perfect medium pop server? :)