PDA

View Full Version : cutting off recruitment?

Lavache
10-02-2007, 02:13 PM
how do i know when to cut off recruitment and work with what we have?

we have been recruiting over the last month or so tying to beef up our numbers for 25man content. this past weekend we actually had 27 on sunday night to run gruul's, which is an optional raid night for us. there were 3 people not there that i can think of right off the top of my head and we hopefully have another healer on the way in once he talks with his current GM about leaving.

we are in no way a progression guild, we are still working on getting maulgar down. having more people is good because people come and go depending on school & work - but it also puts me in the position of having to keep people on the sidelines or rotate them in by boss / time availability.

danke.

nethervoid
10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Very good question. I don't have any personal experience with this, as I've never led a guild or raid where the content was capped as far as attendance.

I think a good number to recruit up to would be approximately 40-50 depending on make up. It really depends on the level of attendance you are used to seeing. If your attendance level is 50%, then you'll want a 60 man guild to tackle 25 man content. If it's 25%, you'll want about 110 or 120. If it's 75%, you'll want about 40 or so. You want just enough to fill raids, plus about 25% or so who will sit out.

Now about who sits out, I would have a raid sign up sheet, and then after that it's first come first served. First they must sign up, overfilling the amount of slots, and then the first ones there who fill up the slots get to go. That would ensure people are on time instead of late, as they try to make sure they get a slot in the raid. Make a template for sign ups saying stuff like '3 prot warriors' etc, and have people sign up to fill those slots. Overfill the sign up by 25% or 40% depending on how dependable your people are, and then just take first come first served with you on the raid.

That's how I would do it, if that helps.

Clifford
10-02-2007, 03:45 PM
In my experience it is a constantly evolving situation. It will be unique to you based on the level of active raiders that you have for a specific spot. Combine this with a degree of art and you have the answer.

I recruit based on how many people are being forced into a rotation for a raid spot. When you have too many people sitting out on a regular basis you will know that it is time to stop as they will complain.

Lastly, it is important to recruit ahead of your requirements (don't wait until it is too late). It is a real pain to have an entire raid stand down for the evening because one person couldn't make it.