PDA

View Full Version : PuG members in Raid and Loot?

Fubar
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi,

We finally got 2 groups in Kara this week, but had to ask a few of the friends of the people in the guild to fill out a healer and DPS spot. When it comes to loot and something drops that a guild healer has been waiting for (pally shield, chess event) for a long time, and the Pug healer is a pally, how do your guilds handle that situation?

Thanks,
fubar

Soulonn
09-21-2007, 11:36 AM
I know how I'd handle it: let the pug roll for it too. Face it: you wouldn't have gotten that far without having the pugs in there with you.

As for the long the longer term, I would suggest making a rule about pugs having dkp to spend on the items (if that's how you distribute loot)... would encourage the same pugs to go raiding with you, so that they have dkp to spend somewhere.

Ciderhelm
09-21-2007, 06:34 PM
If the rules haven't been clarified, the only responsible thing you can do is let the PUG members have a chance at the loot. You invited them for a reason -- that reason being that you couldn't complete that run without them.

It's rough, and it rubs some people the wrong way, but doing the right thing is not always nice.

Ceravantes
09-21-2007, 09:03 PM
The important thing when bringing pugs to raid's is to have very clear and defined loot rules, When we used to run MC/BWL pugs it would generally be /random 100, except on certain items, bindings some class trinkets and some rings everyone was generally happy with this as our guild would make up the majority of the raid.

bondetamp
09-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Indeed. I don't think pugs would have huge problems with, say, not getting to roll on few select items. In many ways, it's no different from agreeing who'll get Suneater before entering Mech.

I'd say that if your paladin need only the mace from Maiden in Kara, then it's ok to call dibs. If he's still mostly in blues, then it isn't.

One really important consideration is that the pugs also need a reason to come. A guild run can be formed on the off chance of getting one player that one good item, but pug runs can't.

Clifford
09-23-2007, 04:20 AM
We have a simple approach - if we can't fill a raid with guild members and need a pug then all loot is need/greed according to class priorities (wow-loot.com).

Thinking is that without the pug you would not have raided than evening and no one would have received any loot.

Mel
09-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Look at it this way. If you don't let them roll on loot they won't be willing to help you next time.

Fubar
09-24-2007, 08:55 AM
thanks for the replies... we decided to /roll when with pugs. It's really harsh when someone's been saving DKP for one item, but all of you are right. It's the right thing to do and we couldn't get there without their help.

Luckily, our pug pally healer decided to pass on the shield from chess event. I think he was just blown away when we gave him the mongoose recipe off of Morose.

Thanks for your feedback... different opinions really help, it makes us as a Guild a better place.

Fubs

Grognash
09-25-2007, 03:13 AM
What we usually do is suspend our guild's loot system whenever we run a raid with PUG and go /random 100.

Though it will hurt your progression in the long run if epic items go to outsiders instead of having it used by guild members whenever you raid PUG.

Klimpen
09-25-2007, 03:19 AM
We have a simple approach - if we can't fill a raid with guild members and need a pug then all loot is need/greed according to class priorities (wow-loot.com).

Thinking is that without the pug you would not have raided than evening and no one would have received any loot.

I had a quick look at that site.

That's not a good list.

Almost every piece of non-Teir Tanking loot is prioritised towards Prot Warriors over Tankadins. Even though both specs get the same benefit from the loot.

I'd personally take that site with a cup of salt.

Mesh
09-25-2007, 04:36 AM
First of all. Wow-loot sucks. Really, it does. For several reasons.

Secondly: in Kara we had a FFA system. We modified it later to exclude certain drops (Tier tokens, some loots of the prince and nightbane). You can also limit him to one contested loot per run. It all really depends how experienced and geared your own group is.

Silentslayer
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi,

We finally got 2 groups in Kara this week, but had to ask a few of the friends of the people in the guild to fill out a healer and DPS spot. When it comes to loot and something drops that a guild healer has been waiting for (pally shield, chess event) for a long time, and the Pug healer is a pally, how do your guilds handle that situation?

Thanks,
fubar

i had a similar problem on my first 60, as a hunter I got invited to fill out a DPS spot in a bigger guilds second ZG group. After downing the first 2 bosses and performing at the top of the DPS spots, the chance to roll on an upgrade came up and the raid leader decided that it would go to the guild hunter since they were part of the guild, it really rubbed me raw but I let it slide. Then later they booted me from the raid because they finnaly had enough of thier own members to fill the raid and all I got was some rep and a repair bill.....