PDA

View Full Version : Gurtogg Bloodboil

Fame
09-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Download (http://files.filefront.com/bloodboilwmv/;8564636;/fileinfo.html)
View WWS (http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=idnbbu1gteuzm&s=5049-5416)

In lue of the rush, i forgot to make it higher resolution, however i think you still get to see the fight fairly clearly. Some guilds use 3 tanks for this, however we use two. The intresting part about this video is that it was basicly single tanked by myself other then when i got disoriented by BB and he switched to my OT and then back to me. The chances of replicating this are very slick due to the luck of the draw on avoiding the dots.

Ciderhelm
09-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Bump!

Fame
09-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Thanks alot Cider. Also before anyone asks, model edited my toon into a Wargen and changed my Buff Bar color scheme/texts. Once i fix up the UF colors i will re-publish the UI for those that are intrested.

megalomaniac
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
gret vid, lovely ui. been trying to get mine in a similar setup for a while now. please let us know when you can release the ui comp.

Kazeyonoma
09-18-2007, 09:29 AM
so no gimmick to gurtogg? just an ole spank and tank?

oh and gratz to whoever got that trinket!

Ciderhelm
09-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Watch the movement for the ranged groups for your gimmicks.

Gruffian
09-18-2007, 09:37 AM
so no gimmick to gurtogg? just an ole spank and tank?

Lots of stuff going on, but usually you wont notice it if its executed properly.

As Cider mentioned the ranged moving, the stacking armor debuff(and stacking dot), Fel Rage, etc.

Bloodboil is probably the first real fight in Black Temple.

Kazeyonoma
09-18-2007, 09:44 AM
ahh, okay just didn't seem as much from the tank standpoint, good to know (not that my guild's anywhere near BT lol)

Fame
09-18-2007, 03:32 PM
thanks for the comments guys. thats the 3rd time the trink droped so it went to the second ot (feral druid)
the UI is uploaded under the illidan video, however as you noticed i have been playing around with it slightly (such as the buff bar) this week i will try to fix up the unit frames a bit more and perhaps scale everything down slightly to give more viewing room. so expect the new Ui to be out within a weeks time.
Yeah alot of dancing going on, unfortuently you cant see it from my PoV.

Ghrizzler
09-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Were you using a Thunderfury or was that your model edited, and if you were using it for that fight what was the reason?

Fame
09-22-2007, 02:56 AM
model edit in place of the Mallet. I been playing around some more with hex model editing and changed my helm into the warlock t6 (for the wing animation... you know to like... hurt my fps even more!) and Swiftsteel Bludgeon to the Warglave since it did become my main tanking weapon.

chronucard
11-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Does anyone know if the acidic wounds can be blocked, or is it just plain avoidance? I was always curious about them and knockbacks like gurtogg and void reavers if they were blockable or only dodge/parry/miss.

Dots
11-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Acidic Wounds cannot be blocked. I doubt you can prevent the knockback with block either, only straight up avoidance.

torand
02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
This video doesn't seem to be available, is it just me?

We just put in our first night's attempts on this guy recently, and I really want to see a video from tank perspective. We got him to 40% when all of our healers ran out of mana (Were using 8 according to bosskillers strat, but I think we are going to up that number, or more SPs, and talking to one shaman about Downranking Chain Heal). It seems like a really hard threat fight if you don't avoid a ton of debuffs. You have to switch about every 30 seconds if you are not avoiding any.

If someone could toss me another link to this, or a similar vid, I would greatly appreciate it.

maddfez
02-27-2008, 07:26 AM
We've had surprising success on Bloodboil, getting him before trash respawned on our first night, then repeating the kill twice without too much difficulty. We used 8 healers 2 Sp on kill one, 8 and 1 on kill two, and 7 and 2 on kill three.

The key for us has been CoH priests. We sadly do not have any resto shamans in our current raid group, so no chain heals. I'll normally build our groups around supporting our two CoH priests...last night when we only had seven healers the group was both CoH priests, both shadow priests, and a tree druid for good measure. On our second kill, they got innervates from three trees, a feral druid, and our boomkin....they really do go through an insane amount of mana.

A second note on group construction, have the first bloodboil group be dps only if you can...one of our biggest problems was losing the fel rage target in the last 5 seconds or so of fel rage, when a couple of them would start moving to the bloodboil position. By having the first group be just dps, we solve that issue.

On the acidic wounds, I've been the tank that goes in first for us each time. I'll generally wear full avoidance gear including Moroes's Lucky Pocketwatch and the Scarab of Displacement. I pop them in succession maybe 10 seconds into the fight and generally can solo tank until the first fel rage with under 10 stacks. We ensure I'm BoP'ed going into the next tank cycle and the rotation works pretty well from there. Just communicate debuff counts and timers and BoP or stop attacking as needed.

Last note, I really need to resist the urge to intervene on this fight. I did it around 20% since the fel rage target dipped low and we had all three tanks up. I took 27k damage in half a second....ouch!

WWS if it's helpful:

WWS Loading... (http://wowwebstats.com/daif2bjwb4sgo)

torand
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah, it would still be great to see a tank perspective movie on this fight, but that info does help. Fully buffed, I can get to 73% pure avoidance (miss, parry, dodge) passively, and a little more if I steal a shaman for grace of air. I am a little bit apprehensive about using trinkets so early because I don't think I will have any threat.

I don't know, we have only tried this for one night, hopefully we can get Archimonde finished up tonight, so we have the rest of the week to concentrate on BT. The stupid shield FINALLY dropped for the first time last night off the third boss (The 3rd and 4th bosses names confuse the hell out of me), which is pretty sexy. Now Supremus just needs to drop those shoulders of his.

Still looking for anything else anyone can provide on this guy. I want to be as prepared as possible before we do this again.

maddfez
02-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I can't get armory to come up, but I think you're far outclassing me on avoidance. I'm normally in the 55% range unbuffed on avoidance, but I have a lot of EH pieces without an avoidance backup in the slot (ZA head & chest, badge legs, neck, & wrists).

I also run 22 expertise and 60ish hit rating in this gear setup, so while threat is rough in this fight by default I personally haven't had a lot of problems. He also hits hard enough and often enough that rage has not been in too short supply, especially once you get a couple DoTs on you.

torand
02-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah I have stupid avoidance when I stack it now, but that number is buffed. I have no idea what my hit and expertise is in that gear, but in what I logged out in I have 118 hit rating, and 16 expertise.

torand
03-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Got him to 4% last night. If I just chain avoidance trinkets, I can typically get less than 4 stacks for the whole of the first phase, and if I am lucky, they drop off before the beginning of the next phase 1.

I can tank him for about 80% of the phase 1 sections pretty easily.

Nez
03-21-2008, 09:34 AM
I've been doing the same thing, pocket watch, then scarab after the watch wears off and I usually tank him until he disorients me with 4 or less marks. Seems to work pretty well, they are usually back up by my next turn to tank. We use 2 bears and myself ( prot warrior ) to tank him. Pretty fun fight.

Endal
03-21-2008, 09:56 AM
This fight is probably one of my least favorite fights. We use myself (prot war), a feral, and a prot pally usually. The prot pally starts but once he loses it he's basically out due to mana issues (we tend to have him push 15 stacks or so). After that our rotation is fairly simple. Build threat as fast as you can until 10 stacks, and then stop and wait.

This has worked for us for the most part on bloodboil, but it IS vulnerable to unlucky knockbacks and disorients. If you are having tank switch problems I recommend at least giving it a shot though :).

torand
03-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Well we figure it out, and this guy is on farm now, so I figured I would make my own video. Not sure how to embed this on these forums, so here is just a link:

Bloodboil_Aether.wmv (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7126142793377221664&hl=en)

Let me know how it is, google video likes to rape the quality of videos I upload.

byechee
03-26-2008, 03:32 PM
This fight is probably one of my least favorite fights. We use myself (prot war), a feral, and a prot pally usually. The prot pally starts but once he loses it he's basically out due to mana issues (we tend to have him push 15 stacks or so). After that our rotation is fairly simple. Build threat as fast as you can until 10 stacks, and then stop and wait.

This has worked for us for the most part on bloodboil, but it IS vulnerable to unlucky knockbacks and disorients. If you are having tank switch problems I recommend at least giving it a shot though :).

your prot pally should push until he gets knockedback or dies. he can also DI a DPS with too much threat once he's done tanking :D