PDA

View Full Version : Sick of tanking

Krasher
09-14-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm sick of tanking. I am thinking of respeccing to do damage. I didn't log out in my good tank gear, but I have everything I need from Kara for tanking except the drops from Nightbane. But after my 60g repair bill last night I am tired of it.

I am a master hammersmith with a Dragonmaw and a Deep Thunder in the bank. My thought is to do some PvP and arena and get the S1 arena gear when the next season starts, and use my arena points on S2 gear once the prices are reduced or I max out my points (whichever comes first).

Is this a valid strategy? My PvE DPS gear (both for arms and fury) is mediocre at best aside from my weapons. I have the Chess neck and the Moroes' cloak, but that's about it for Kara DPS pieces. My arms gear is about 1600 AP and 21% crit with 10k HP right now.

Soulonn
09-14-2007, 06:41 AM
my advice, coming from a casual player: do what you need to do to have fun. :) It's a game after all, and you're paying for it with your money every month.

Daylanor
09-14-2007, 08:16 AM
If you want to do PvE dps the most then go 17/44, oh and most of the dps stuff is outside kara anyway so don't sweat :).

If you want to focus on PvP then Arms is the way to go, just be aware that Mace Arms dps in PvE isn't up to par with the other weapon specs.

Getting decent DW Fury gear for Kara is very easy outside raiding :).

Nicki
09-14-2007, 08:51 AM
This is the best DPS warrior I know.

The Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=celead)

He can do more dps often then my shadow priest!!! (1127+dmg so not too badly geared!).

He uses improved slam and MS or WW as rage dumps but this obviously works better with sword or axe spec..You may want to check it out afaik its more play style dependant. He swears by imp slam and has his slam and melee doing about 60% of his damage by using quartz.