PDA

View Full Version : Gurtogg video Request

Narshe
09-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Anyone knows of a good video of this boss, Gurtogg Bloodboil, from a tank PoV?

I would request Firstblood to upload one of him, but he already did a great job and Im not able to ask for another one by myself.. *so shy*

Fame
09-15-2007, 11:51 AM
aww /blush actualy i filmed one this past week. however due to my very addictive personality it might take me a week to post it. my guildmate got me into watching Prison Break (http://joox.net/cat/13) so thats what i have been doing with my free time as of late (I have the first 4 MH encounters filmed aswell.) i will try to pry myself from the show and finish editing these videos.
Once again i apologize for disapeared this past week and greatly procrastinating on the MH vids, and i will have the BB + MH vids up within the next few days... this time i mean it >.<

<3

Narshe
09-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Thx a lot for posting. Gonna watch it today ^^

Fame
09-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Anytime, let me know what you think or if you have any questions. If you have anymore requests let me know. Also as a heads up, we are planning to do Sunwell on the PTR once its out. I will be filming all our atempts and will try to put out guide videos over the recent 'pure encounter' videos that i have been doing. Unfortunetly im not very well-versed in video editing but hopefuly by that time i will be. If anyone out there is a skilled video editor and wish to do a colab with me or perhaps even point me in the right direction of video editing, i would certainly apreciate it.

Narshe
09-16-2007, 09:08 AM
The way you edit ur videos is clear enough for us to learn more about tanking such encounters. However I can't help you if u want to take another step and convert urs in something like the Rockman-like intros or something like that xDDD

About the encounter, again Bosskillers guide fail to explain the basis. I have noticed, very few dots landing on you. Im curious, do you wear pure avoidance for that boss? I could hit 30&#37; dodge, 18% parry unbuffed but will decrease my usual buffed HP by around 1500. What do you think?

Fame
09-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Well the gear you have to wear is tricky.
1. You need threat because he does a knockback with reduces threat. And if you are OT'ing you want to make sure that you are second on threat because he will occasionnaly disorientate his primary target.
2. You want avoidance so that you wont reach a high stack of dots.
3. You want stamina so that if you do take too many dots, (i would say anything over 12) you want to be able to survive it.

You only need to worry about 2 and 3 if you dont want to have too many tank transitions, otherwise there is nothing wrong with him going from one tank to the next. Basicly think of this encounter as Void Reaver... you can have your hunters MD on the MT every time its up, or you can have them split their threat on multiple tanks.. in the end its whatever will help you kill the boss.
I personaly stack +weapon skill (mallet+enforcment) and +hit (about 5.4&#37;)and fill the rest of my stats with avoidance (T6'ish)

The strat is simple, have 1 hunter MD to MT the other to OT at the start. DPS lays off for a little bit since the OT is mostly getting rage from cleaves. MT tanks it till about 8 stacks. At 8 he backs off on threat and lets his OT pass him. By then the MT should be sitting at around 12 stacks or so(depending how close they were to eatch other on threat.) When he changes phases the MT at the time gets some breathing room since you know he wont restack the dot. When he switches back you want to make sure that you pop whatever avoidance tricks you have (might have about 10-15 seconds left on the dot that you will want to drop off) An important thing to note is that you can resist 'Insignificance' and that if DPS resists it, make sure they dont pass the tanks on threat during the second phase.