PDA

View Full Version : + Hit

Jorgin
09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Not to sure how many times this has been gone over but I could not find it :)
anyways how much +HIT should a prot warrior really have when tanking and what do you give up for it?

Thanks for the help,

fastidius
09-13-2007, 08:37 PM
130 something...9% hit...

Toniblade
09-14-2007, 03:07 AM
+Hit is good.
+Weapon Skill is better.

How many times have you gone, hold dps, my first 3 attacks all missed/parried/dodged!?

+Hit cuts down on the miss factor.

+Weapon skill cuts down on miss and dodge (ages ago a blue said it also affected parry, but testing on the Elitist Jerks form can find no evidence of such).

gyre
09-14-2007, 04:11 AM
related question... what are the best ways to get +hit and +weapon for a tank?

thanks.

-- gyre --

Fixt
09-14-2007, 06:23 AM
put one point into either human or draenei, the rest is just gear.

Kazeyonoma
09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
hey, orcs too you alliance trash!

gyre
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
bugger. stuck as a gnome. i wonder if the expansion will let me change race as well as haircut :)

-- gyre --

brain9h
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
a gnome is never stuck, we have escape artist!!

easiest way is to use +hit items in slots that provide you will the least ammount of mitigation in your set. Usually involves weapon, ranged weapon, trinkets, rings and cape. But there are always gems

Stonehoof
09-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I find that the less when specced into SS i dotn need much hit to stay well above my DPSer, even on a threat sesative fight.

most tanks will have the sheild from gruul, and KD or MotT. I use the Crystaline Crossbow for added hit, but Khorium works with a hit gem in it. Those three peices seem to be enough.

Now when I OT with no Sheild slam, I up my hit to 9% using hit rings and cloak. while keeping defense over 490.

Horacio
09-14-2007, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Stonehoof;42615]I find that the less when specced into SS i dotn need much hit to stay well above my DPSer, even on a threat sesative fight.

QUOTE]

This is a very important point. I reviewed the WWS from last nights Gruul and see that I have an uncomfrtably high miss rate. I have abyssmal +hit despite I have high EF for my place in content progression. I watch Omen carefully and I can maintain threat over my DPS by using the proper skill rotations. On boss fights, I am in no danger of losing aggro and I would like to think I have atleast some very skilled rogues even if some of the other DPS classes are lacking.

Ideally, you never want to miss, you want to connect on every threat move and thus, max out your threat. I have at this point, chosen to go for max EF and not so much ignore as not prioritize +hit. I would say that through careful farming and crafting, I am as well geared as anyone in my raid. As gear improves across the raid and scales differently, I may need to revisit my strategy....frankly, all tanks should all the time be analyzing and assessing thier situation.