PDA

View Full Version : MT for Kara/Gruul's

Vijore
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, I'm basically being forced in to tanking for my guild at the moment and have been working hard to get some gear to do so. So far I have tanked up to Aran in Kara with no issues, but the guild does full Kara clears and I'm going to be tanking Nightbane (or trying to) tonight, and I think my gear may be a bit under par. I think we're also going to be hitting up Gruul's for some attempts tonight and I'm not really sure what to expect.

Aside from 12 stamina to bracers, I don't really know what to do gear wise in terms of heroics/normal runs. The devilshark cloak is still in the works and I'm trying heroic Mech for a Sun Eater every day.

Any other suggestions on some gear/enchant upgrades I could get? I'm trying to replace my 9 stamina gems with 12, but I'm seriously broke.

danthius
09-13-2007, 03:04 PM
(Zancon) (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackhand&n=Zancon) is your character. Correct?
Just posting it for others to be able to help you out more easily.

Bonerot
09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
If the guild is forcing you into tanking you should ask if they might get the gem upgrades for you. Your gear looks pretty good though.

What kind of blacksmith are you? You could be making an epic sword or chest piece but thats not cheap.

For the short term ask the guild leader/raid leader if your stats look good enough (I'd guess they do or they wouldn't have asked you) and let him know you just can't afford better gems right now.

Doing 4-5 daily quests a day would pay for your gem upgrades in short order though.

shotty
09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm basically being forced in to tanking for my guild at the moment and have been working hard to get some gear to do so. So far I have tanked up to Aran in Kara with no issues, but the guild does full Kara clears and I'm going to be tanking Nightbane (or trying to) tonight, and I think my gear may be a bit under par. I think we're also going to be hitting up Gruul's for some attempts tonight and I'm not really sure what to expect.

Aside from 12 stamina to bracers, I don't really know what to do gear wise in terms of heroics/normal runs. The devilshark cloak is still in the works and I'm trying heroic Mech for a Sun Eater every day.

Any other suggestions on some gear/enchant upgrades I could get? I'm trying to replace my 9 stamina gems with 12, but I'm seriously broke.

yo, ya from your gear u look a little like i did going in there, i trust ull get more epix from KZ so with what u have now you would be able to Mt/Ot decently

highking and gruul can be a real gear check for an up-and-coming raid, i was often 1 shotted from magular, until i got more KZ gear

one thing that will help you alot, is running TK isntances and getting shattar rep, the shield that you get for exalted is a huge upgrade if you arent working w anything epic....another thing would be heroic instances and badge gear, there are really decent blues in ramparts and coilfang instances, also w the badges you could get a new ring/neck/cloak/sheild/trinket <---- trust me the badge gear is what you should really be working on if your KZ isnt so hot.

keep in mind all of that heroic runing will earn you faction rep , so basically its free gear...

as far as gems, do dailys in your spare time and then upgrade ...

if u are in KZ, just hold out for the kings defender, it has a super high drop rate and makes sun eater look silly. you will end up soaking most of the gear that u need in your KZ

hope this helps, POICE

Vijore
09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
(Zancon) (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackhand&n=Zancon) is your character. Correct?
Just posting it for others to be able to help you out more easily.

Sorry, should have clarified. Yes, that is me.