PDA

View Full Version : It's time to play rate my Armory!

Soulonn
09-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Hey guys, love the forums, I've learned a lot in the past few days. I've put together a sheet for my upgrades, but just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

So far I think I can obtain, somewhat easily, the following:
Shatar Vindicator Belt (just need the drop off warp splinter, might do this tonight)
Shat'ar rep shield - how hard is it to get through revered?
If not the shatar rep shield, can farm the first boss in SLabs or finish out the Netherwing quest (which would you recommend?) I think this is my biggest deficiency, and needs replacing ASAP.
Bold shoulders off Murmur
Darkmoon Madness - just need the 6 and 7
Adamantite Figurine - figure between farming for the shield off the 1st boss and shoulders off Murmur, should get this eventually.

Ramnath
09-13-2007, 07:15 AM
So far so good.

I think you know where you need to upgrade for sure.

As far as upgrading your shield goes. I would get to revered with Sha'tar and then run heroic mech for rep. The reason I say Mech is because it's relatively easy and you'll get a great tanking sword off of the last boss. You should also have enough badges to upgrade your ring and trinket, etc by the time you get to exalted.

At this point and with your health being relatively low make sure you are putting stam / def gems in where you can. I wouldn't worry too much about socket bonuses to be honest. You'll want to start looking towards armor and stam while keeping your def over 490.

All in all looks good.

Soulonn
09-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I guess I should tell you that I'll probably top out tanking heroics and possibly Kara, due to my erratic play time. With that said:

With my health being, as you say, "relatively low" you really think I could tank a heroic mech? I know I was in a BM group the other night with absolutely no problem whatsoever, never lost agro, etc.. I was even asked to tank a heroic for the same group afterward but alas, I don't have the rep. I'm not new to tanking, but am a little new to the high end stuff so I have no idea what to expect. As far as your shield advice goes, if I get a small step up in the form of the netherwing shield or the slabs shield, wouldn't that make tanking in these heroics that much easier? My approach has been to take my worst piece of armor and work on getting that upgraded first and foremost.

Ramnath
09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes most definitely upgrade your shield.

If you are looking to get bold shoulders you might as well get the shield from slab as well. If you aren't looking past Heroics or Kara then you might want to throw in 12 stam gems in all of your felsteel pieces (that's what I did). In fact, looking over your gear again, I wouldn't put anything but stamina gems in there. As you upgrade your gear your defense will get higher and higher.

That said put 12 stamina gems in items you aren't going to replace soon as they are expensive. I would put all 12 stam gems in felsteel and bold shoulders (when you get them).

Socket your wrists and add stam enchant there. As well, there is an armor kit that gives you 8 stam to gloves. Look for revered aldor/scryer for your shoulder enchants. Get revered KoT for the helm enchant. There get the clefthide leg enchant for your legs (adds 30 stam and 10 agi).

All things considered you should be able to approach 12khp and 13k armor unbuffed and still be def capped.

Looks like you've got some work to do. Good luck! Most importantly, don't get discouraged because something doesn't drop.

Soulonn
09-13-2007, 10:53 AM
You're talking to someone that's new to the forums, not the game. Good thing about being casual is that you don't take things like drops too seriously. :)

Thanks for the input.

OldHarry
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I have the shield from the Netherwing quest and I'll take a sharp stick in the eye before I'd do that again. I finally had to pay 4 guys 10g each to help with the final boss. I think I'm the only guy on Moonrunner that had to do that quest. Guess it depends on your guild. If you've got 4 helpful and available 70s, the Netherwing quest was a good choice.