PDA

View Full Version : Until Tier6 chest....

Narshe
09-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Hello mates

Im very bad with mats so if you could help me it will be great.
I have this chest: Glory of the Defender
but tonight its possible that I could grab a Destroyer Chestguard.
Glory have higher armor and avoidance (I think, not pretty sure) but Destroyer has higher stamina as I would use 3x12 stamina gems.

Im not seeking the 4-piece bonus but I could get it too by switching my Gauntlets of Enforcement with the T5 gloves I had Destroyer Handguards.

Enchants are 150 HP on chest, 8 stamina on enforcements and 15 agi on t5 gloves.

So that's why Im not sure:
- Is it T5 better in terms of EH?
- Is the 4 piece bonus worth the downgrade on armor and skill rating enforcement gloves gives?

Crimsonstorm
09-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Unless you have a racial weapon skill bonus, the Guantlets of enforcement are insanely good. Its not worth losing them for anything.

I'd get the Destroyer chestguard if it lets you get the 4 set bonus without losing Gauntlets. BUt dont unequip those gauntlets. EVER.

Narshe
09-11-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't have T5 helmet and won't never have them as we have stopped running SSC and today is our last TK (at least we hope so). I have the Tankatronic Goggles tho.
But no, I don't have a racial +skill and Im not aiming to get The Brutalizer but the Hyjal sword so that +skill is gonna be handy.

The thing is that if we get 2xDefender tokens tonight I can get the chest. But Im not sure if its worth to get it or simply pass on it for another guildie and wait for the T6 one.

juggernauth
09-11-2007, 02:17 AM
I think I'd go for the T5 chest if I'd be given the choice. The gauntlets are so awesome, I would kill to get my hands on them :)

Also, I've never been a great fan of +8 stamina on gloves, I'd go for either 15 agi, 15 strenght or 2% threat, depends of the use I'd give them (threat set, sta set, etc...)

Narshe
09-11-2007, 02:23 AM
There is none in my server that could do +2% threat enchant but I will do it as soon as next patch comes. However, I think that +15str is kinda pointless for a tank, it doesn't provides much benefit compared of the 88 HP u are getting from the armor kit. +15 agi is argueable, depends on how are your stats but Im aiming for the threat enchant and +8 sta was the cheapest option xDDD

Those gloves are insane for threat generation, I think there is no better choice than +2% threat on them.

Mesh
09-11-2007, 04:02 AM
I have the t5 chest and if somehow some tank loot drops in Hyal I'd pass the Azgalor chest to another tank or fury warrior. The stats are nice, but once you get +15 stam gems destroyer is imho much stronger. Also it makes you more flexible to keep the nice 2 parts bonus once you progress further.

Narshe
09-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, I was rechecking my gear yesterday night. I realized I had too much +hit and I need to switch some pieces.
King's Defender is gonna be replaced by The Unbreakable Will
Aldori Legacy Defender will be replaced by Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart or Illidan's Shield but I think this shield is more accesible at our current boss status.
These changes will make me drop 0.8% hit so ending at 6.43%

My other pieces with +hit are:

Tankatronic Goggles could be replaced with Onslaught Greathelm
Frayed Tether of the Drowned that could be replaced with Pendant of Titans which also offers hit rating >.<
Glory of the Defender which can't be upgraded until Illidan fight. The other chest I have is Warbringer Chestguard that I see as a downgrade because of the AC mainly.
Myrmidon's Treads there is no substitute for these.
Gauntlets of Enforcement could be replaced with Onslaught Handguards

Not only this, but there are other two items that are very good for the overall stats they provide and also gives hit rating! >.< Band of the Abyssal Lord and Praetorian's Legguards

So what do you think it would be the best pieces to swap so I don't get overloaded with hit rating? (I don't mind to get too much hit, but not at the expense of other points).
My guild is currently at 4/5 Hyjal and 4/9 BT. No SSC/TK loot is longer available :S

This is my armory: The Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=C%27Thun&n=Narshe)

Paruhdox
09-12-2007, 07:28 AM
the few stamina you get from t5 chest over glory is not worth the avoidance you lose imo. There are not many fights where you need retarded amounts of health anymore. Imo glory is still definatly better BT gear focuses alot more on avoidance than stamina / SBV.

so in terms of EH the t5 chest is better but its not worth it to get the 4 piece unless you have major threat issues. also EH doesnt propery account for avoidance. I wish there was a better way to calculate the amount of dmg you take over a period of time as opposed to how much straight dmg you can take with out heals. If there was you would live much longer with the avoidance than the few points of EH you get from t5.