PDA

View Full Version : Autoblocker: EH

Uselessllama
09-07-2007, 08:43 PM
This discussion is about the autoblocker, and its usefulness.

Given that the majority of pre-kara tanking trinkets are simple +defense trinkets, this has brought this issue to my mind.

The more avoidance or defense I have, it does not improve my EH and help me tank new content. Stamina/Armor/SBV are the things that most improve EH. That being said...

With your defense rating maxed, is the autoblocker a beneficial trinket for EH, and new content? I just spent my first few badges on a cloak, and am looking at what else to buy now. My tanking trinkets, as you can see if you armory me, is an Adamantite Figurine, and a Violet Badge. Of course, I am holding out and waiting until a Spyglass drops for me, and I would prob use that and my Violet Badge for my EH gear. However, until then, or even when I get a spyglass, is the autoblocker a better choice for EH?

The autoblocker reduces my damage taken, since I should be at a minimum blocking every attack with shield block up, and it increases my threat. While some people seem to think its overrated and not that great of an item, it seems like it would be very useful to people in my position. My position being, I'm too poor to get a Netherwing trinket or a Darkmoon card.

Mardran
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Keep in mind that having multiple pieces of gear to adapt to different situations is a good thing.

Using myself as an example, I use the Farstrider's Defender Cloak, Autoblocker and Styleen's Impeding Scarab on trash or encounters that require high aggro, such as Void Reaver. On most progression bosses where I want to mitigate as much as I can though, I'll switch to my Guilded Thorium Cloak, Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch and Vengeance Darkmoon Card.

The Autoblocker is really a trinket you don't want to pass up. I'd almost put the Farstrider's in that category as well since it has the highest block value on a cape yet and other good stats.

Aelvain
09-09-2007, 05:18 AM
Keep in mind that having multiple pieces of gear to adapt to different situations is a good thing.

Using myself as an example, I use the Farstrider's Defender Cloak, Autoblocker and Styleen's Impeding Scarab on trash or encounters that require high aggro, such as Void Reaver. On most progression bosses where I want to mitigate as much as I can though, I'll switch to my Guilded Thorium Cloak, Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch and Vengeance Darkmoon Card.

The Autoblocker is really a trinket you don't want to pass up. I'd almost put the Farstrider's in that category as well since it has the highest block value on a cape yet and other good stats.

I honestly never take off my Auto-Blocker. On trash I'll use that and Styleen's Impeding Scarab, on bosses I use it with the Spyglass. I wouldn't consider it an effective health trinket, it's essentially a threat trinket. It is a little bit of mitigation though, and I suppose that shouldn't be entirely overlooked.

The Auto-Blocker is not comparable to Farstrider's. Farstrider's has what, 9 more block value than Devilshark? So 12 more block value than Devilshark when you add in the talent. No other trinket in the game has anywhere near the same passive block value as the Auto-Blocker, not to mention an awesome use.

Nicki
09-09-2007, 06:13 AM
In an encounter where you block every hit (most of them if you arent lazy with shield block, which you shouldn't be)..Then think of the autoblocker as kinda gold.

1. its giving you threat
2. its giving you mitigation!

Yeah i know you know this but i feel the need to write this down..
Lets imagine a boss hits for 10k on your armor. You have 300 block value and you block every hit this boss does. (10000-300)/10000 = 0.97 Thats 3% less damage. Just by having some block value, using that 1 block value = 0.01% mitigation, therefore if you were taking 10k hits the autoblocker would give (59x1.3(talents))x0.01= 0.76% mitigation. Sure block value depends on alot of factors:
-Is it melee damage?
-Is shield block always up in time?
-What is the melee damage?

Saying that 0.76% mitigation on a big swing is actually rather desireable + you get threat because you are a warrior =). I like the trinket it has a nice use too :D

Crimsonstorm
09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Autoblocker is worth some effective health, some mitigation, and a ton of threat. Its awesome. I use it for any fight where I care at all about aggro, or in which I'm not extrmeely concerned about dying. Basically, all except certain progression boss fights.

Crimsonstorm
09-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Autoblocker is underrated. In that most people think its awesome, but in fact, its way way cooler than that.