PDA

View Full Version : How am i for later Karazhan MT'ing?

Lazlar
09-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey guys, my guild has been doing really well (at least i hope what we are doing is considered doing well) Attunmen is nothing to us, we one shot Moroes yesterday along with Maiden on our first try!

I don't want to jump to conclusions or anything, i don't have delusions of granduer that involve us killing Nightbane or anything. But i am curious is i will be able to Main Tank the events like The Opera Event and The Curator?

We even have a Prince run set for Friday, and i am sweating there...:(

I think i am a good tank, and i'm sure you guys can all relate, we just want to do the best we can and help our guild. So if any of you could offer any advice on my standing, what i should improve or whatever, i would be very grateful. Thanx guys :)

Here is my Armory...

The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Lazlar)

Choir
09-06-2007, 10:01 AM
A lot of Kara is just knowing the fights and having a group that is relatively organised and can react appropriately. Your gear looks good enough for most of Kara.

Theremin
09-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I'd slap a +8 STM leatherworking patch on your boots and gloves until you can find something better. Everything else looks good. Good luck!

---T

Lazlar
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Man, what a relief to hear i am doing good gear wise, I plan to follow alot of tips on prince i'be heard, DPS holds off in phase one just so they are set to bring him out of Phase 2 as fast as possible. I'll be popping Stoneshield and Hopefully a Fortification flask for that. I wanna try and get the Moroes watch before trying Prince though, that insane dodge has to save you big time in Phase 2 right?

Choir
09-06-2007, 10:26 AM
It's useful... but for Prince you're really just going to want a lot more mitigation and health. Phase two lasts a long time, and you can run out of 'oh crap' buttons pretty quickly. :)

If your guild is just getting in to Kara, you probably need to gear your raid up for a while before you'll have the DPS to take Prince down. By then, hopefully you'll have picked up some of those nicer tanking pieces.

Lazlar
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I'd slap a +8 STM leatherworking patch on your boots and gloves until you can find something better. Everything else looks good. Good luck!

---T

What is this thing called? i cannot find it on Thotbot :confused:

Choir
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Enchantments by slot - WoWWiki, the Warcraft wiki (http://www.wowwiki.com/Enchantments_by_slot#Hands)

Knothide Armor Kit :)

Req
09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Protip: I'd take off your fishing pole. :D

Lazlar
09-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Protip: I'd take off your fishing pole. :D

I'm just tanking with that until a Kings Defender drops :p

Bonerot
09-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I successfully tanked Prince with basically the same gear this week.

The Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&n=Bonerot)

It's going to take awhile to get your group moving well and not dieing to the enfeebles so you have something to learn from prince just from being there.

I raid buff to about 17k health and I popped iron shield potions. I hit last stand when my health got low (4k) around 50% and then shield walled at 35% just because I could. After that it was just all out DPS.

I'm one of the lowest geared MT's for kara with this gear in my guild but I've successfully tanked everything up to and including the prince (the guild first kill of the prince too). The chest piece I got after that fight so the only big advantage over you I had was my weapon.

Lots of people have stuff to learn from the prince regardless of how long you last in phase 2 though.

Ceravantes
09-10-2007, 11:49 PM
You would be better off with a trinket with High stam, or even the Autoblocker than the Pocket watch, Other than that, the armor kit's until you get better, and other than that a weapon would be your biggest upgrade, work on thrallmar rep for Warbringer, or finish your smithing and go swordsmith, can't beat Blazefury until Brutalizer imo.

I would also consider regemming a few things for stamina, as you exceed required defense, and for prince Stamina and armor are gonna help more than anything.

Lazlar
09-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Well i just started using the Argussian Compass i got from Heroic Black Stalker , and i've gotten alot more peices since i made this post. I now sit at 13,700-ish Armor and 13,074 health, both unbuffed.

Still need to nab those stam kits tho for my boots and hands.