PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Mods

Acidlord
09-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I brought this up on the little chat portion of the website. Only ones im using that is devoted to tankings is Tankpoints. Been looking at grabbing Tankbuddy.

Does anyone have any others that they use or find useful?

Kaen
09-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I recommend Omen threat meter, as well as any mod that reports your resisted taunts in raid/say/party chat.

Ciderhelm
09-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Anyone want to put together a formal Mods post with just as many relevant mods as possible? (Not based just on personal preference)

Matthew
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Fubar Users:

WarriorAlertFu - (Note: This didn't work on my system and created a deadzone, use at you rown risk)

General UI:

Bartender 3 - (Amazing for cleaning up screen realestate)
Squeenix - (Combined with the above, and you have much more viewing area, w/o large addons like Pitbull)

Paruhdox
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
i will tomorrow cider i can do it while im getting paid at work.

Ariedan
09-04-2007, 05:37 PM
TauntWarn, PerfectRaid, Scrolling Combat Text, Witch Hunt, MTLove, HitsMode.

Those are just a few I use that make life so much easier.

Shortypop
09-05-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm new to addons and UI changes and whoever puts this list together can I recommend a short description of what they do :) here's my current set up:

Deadly Boss Mods - Gives raid warnings of boss abilities
KTM - Threat meter (guild is currently testing Omen)
ItemRack - Enables quick change of gear
Quartz - This is a caster orientated addon (my mage uses it) but it has useful things such as swing timer; a more customisable cast bar for mobs which I find improved my reaction to interupts.

Used to use combat monitor - until it started giving me errors whenever I targeted any of the mobs in Moroes' room :( Now upload all fight stats to wow web stats which enables me to see the same things.

UI:
Xperl Raid frames - Mainly as it enables me more space on my screen (play on a laptop)
Metahud - This was the single biggest improvement to my play - with my health right in front of me I find swallowing pots, healthstones and last standing much better timed
Bartender - For customised bars
Fubar - durability and performance indicators (tho I know theres a lot more this can do)

hmmm... just noticed non of these are particularly "tanky" :(

Mesh
09-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Banzai is pretty neat, it reddens the persons that are having aggro in your agUf (should work with pitbull too).

My general setup as far as it is tank related:
agUf with banzai
natur enemy cast bar
Item Rack (how I love thee :))
Omen (which I more or less forced on the raid by removing KTM from my harddisk :P)
Deadly Bossmods
Recount (has a very nice timeout function in order to analyse, what went wrong as well as some other gimmicks)
Simple combat log
SCT

Kaen
09-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I recommend Pitbull unit frames. It has a feature where if a member of your party/raid is being targeted, his bar will turn red. This is especially useful for paladin tanks that don't use a taunt macro; they can click the red bar and use righteous defense on that.

Azarel
09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
the new x-pearl has that too, red if person is aggro'd blue if it is being targeted.