PDA

View Full Version : Tank Heroic 5 man

Athor
09-04-2007, 08:54 AM
My Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Perenolde&n=Athor)

I will like to know if with this gear i'm able to tank Heroic Mechanar.

I know there are some upgrades in normal 5 man run i can get like Jade Chest from Mec, Shield from Arca/SL, Bold Shoulder from SL, but i got bad luck with those drops :S.

Thank you in advance.

Stegho
09-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Absolutely. You're fine for heroics, especially easy ones like Mech.

But I would consider doing regular Mech for the Jade Skull. The boss that drops that is very hard in heroic mode. You'll probably just pass her up like everyone else does.

But Heroic Mech is also wonderful for a warrior. Sun Eater. The trinket and DPS pants. Rep for the shield. And lots and lots of badges.

Athor
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Nice Ty Stegho, i wonder if you can answer me a quick question.

Yesterday i was running Mechanar with a Group o friends:

Warlock Affliction, Mage Arcane, Hunter, Holy Palli, and me.

When we got to fight the Robots (Tempest-Forge Destroyer, Tempest-Forge Patroller) we wiped once with the patroller and we can't make further after the first Destroyer, Palli can't heal me fast enough (i have to say i didn't know about the fist can be reflected by Shield reflect), also the Patroller hurt my party but i was tanking as far as i could from the rest fo the group in the first room, why is that, arcane AoE, do you have any suggestions for me for that part.

The human Part was easy, and i didn't have agroo issues, my party wipe after i die.

Madoxx
09-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Your gear is not too bad , not the Robots patrollers & destroyers hit very hard in the Heroic mech , again try shield reflect on the charge or keep them stunned as much as possible to disrupt the charge , keep the shield block up as they tend to hit quite hard and this saves the healer a lot of work , a holy paladin possible doesn’t have the good enough gear for heroic healing I heard they need around 1250 up wards in +heal to be able to keep up with the healing in there

Use CS too so you get more health , apart from that they hit like trucks , but are easy enough to kill just take a bit time with the groups ive being running with , and again skip the Second boss as she is a major pain in there in heroic mode

Good luck