PDA

View Full Version : Drenai Warrior

Silentslayer
09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garithos&n=D%C3%AAathstalker)

This is my warrior, A work in progress. Im looking for suggestions to improve my leveling spec. Or just any other advice not found in the guides here that I am pouring over when I can.

I also want to say thanks to everyone who put this site together as it is a wealth of information.

Ciderhelm
09-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Moved thread to proper forum! And, thanks!

Blatz
09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
I personally went 41 into arms right away. In my opinion it's crucial when leveling up to be full 41 arms and rest into whatever. I am interested what other more experienced warriors have to say about your spec though.

Arrivan
09-05-2007, 12:28 AM
In my experience, Endless Rage is well deserving of (one of) its nicknames "Endless Garbage". There was a time when it was required to use a 2h weapon, but that has since been rectified. However, it also made Arms past 35 points useless at level 70. But you're not level 70.
If your rage generation is poor, then take it. I leveled long before the 41 point talents were introduced, so I can't comment on how a level 40-50 would find rage generation post-normalisation.

As for the OP's spec, I find some of your talent choices strange. Take a look at my talent build for an example of a good Fury build. My spec is a PVE DPS spec though, so you may want to change some talents for leveling (Imp. Intercept or Imp. Berserker Rage come to mind, I loved those talents, but you can live without them). Blood Craze is of questionable worth, considering that you're losing 3 points from Commanding Presence. However, if you find it useful, feel free to keep it.
I'd suggest that if you want to spec into Fury, then lose the points from Arms and Prot. Unless you're changing stance a lot, Tactical Mastery isn't that good because you have Stance Mastery and you should be in Berserker Stance most of the time. Here (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LZVVzVgxoVuM) is an example of a Fury spec you may want to try. Keep in mind this is only a suggestion, and you can change whatever talents you want.

The one piece of advice I'd like to stress the most is this: get a 31 point talent. The warrior class is balanced around having a 31 point talent, is your only way to get a readily usable instant attack. You should also try to get Ripsaw from ZF if you can. Having a good weapon is the most important thing to consider as you level a warrior, since so many of our skills are built around our weapons.

I apologise for the lengthy post, but I hope there's something valuable in there.

Silentslayer
09-05-2007, 05:35 AM
In my experience, Endless Rage is well deserving of (one of) its nicknames "Endless Garbage". There was a time when it was required to use a 2h weapon, but that has since been rectified. However, it also made Arms past 35 points useless at level 70. But you're not level 70.
If your rage generation is poor, then take it. I leveled long before the 41 point talents were introduced, so I can't comment on how a level 40-50 would find rage generation post-normalisation.

As for the OP's spec, I find some of your talent choices strange. Take a look at my talent build for an example of a good Fury build. My spec is a PVE DPS spec though, so you may want to change some talents for leveling (Imp. Intercept or Imp. Berserker Rage come to mind, I loved those talents, but you can live without them). Blood Craze is of questionable worth, considering that you're losing 3 points from Commanding Presence. However, if you find it useful, feel free to keep it.
I'd suggest that if you want to spec into Fury, then lose the points from Arms and Prot. Unless you're changing stance a lot, Tactical Mastery isn't that good because you have Stance Mastery and you should be in Berserker Stance most of the time. Here (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LZVVzVgxoVuM) is an example of a Fury spec you may want to try. Keep in mind this is only a suggestion, and you can change whatever talents you want.

The one piece of advice I'd like to stress the most is this: get a 31 point talent. The warrior class is balanced around having a 31 point talent, is your only way to get a readily usable instant attack. You should also try to get Ripsaw from ZF if you can. Having a good weapon is the most important thing to consider as you level a warrior, since so many of our skills are built around our weapons.

I apologise for the lengthy post, but I hope there's something valuable in there.

Thanks for the reply! I an new to the warrior class though I have 2 level 70 characters a mage and a druid.

I know I have mis-spent some Talent points but I was holding out on respecing till I had more points to get deeper into the talent tree's.

About weapons, I was concentrateing on getting weapons with more +STR and +Stam, should I concentrate on weapons with more DPS then?

Arrivan
09-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Stats are good on a weapon, but increasing a weapon's DPS is the most effective way to increase your damage. It takes 14 attack power to gain 1 white DPS (on your character sheet), which is equal to 7 strength. So upgrading from say a 20 DPS sword to a 30 DPS sword is equivalent to gaining 140 AP, or 70 strength. This directly translates into more damage done by your abilities such as Heroic Strike, Overpower and Cleave that do "weapon damage + X". However, don't ignore stats completely, as you need AP to increase the damage done by Bloodthirst, and stamina to be able to survive more than one mob.

Edit: Horribly messed up my numbers >_>

Silentslayer
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Ok I repeced to ARMs for leveling with a 2h anyone got an suggestions to my spec??