PDA

View Full Version : New MT for Kara

Bonerot
08-31-2007, 06:50 AM
A bit of background, the guild I am in is a fairly casual guild, we raid with who we have and there are really no requirements for entrance to kara other then being keyed. We don't use dkp so I'll be rolling on every tank drop in Kara if there happens to be more then one prot speced person there.

I am usually the MT for the kara runs I attend (3 so far). I plan to run kara 2-3 nights a week and that is most of the time I have available for wow for group play.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what to work on during the limited time I'm not in Kara, not minor upgrades but wow stuff that is worth making my top priority.

My armory

Shuturface
08-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Do two more runs through BM to obtain revered with KoT and get Glyph of the Defender enchant for your head piece.

Complete the quest line for the Arcatraz key and get Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard to replace your belt.

Complete the quest line for Dabiri's Enigma to replace your Regal Protectorate.

I would also replace your Iron Band of the Unbreakable with your Violet Signet from Violet Eye Rep.

Unless your getting stuck on a boss, alot of this will be replaced early on in Kara anyways.

Lavache
08-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Unless your getting stuck on a boss, alot of this will be replaced early on in Kara anyways.

unless you are like me, and are 999/1000 exalted and have never seen the bracers from attumen, the gloves from maiden or the pants from curator... if the king's defender wasnt unique i could have 4 of them at this point though :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: (and 3 sets of the netherspite shoulders) but still no bracers...

thugthedum
08-31-2007, 02:47 PM
there used to be this theory about the instance being seeded based on who walked in to it first thing tuesday in that raidid. no idea if this is true. but i really want my curator legs and netherspite shoulders.

Bonerot
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for those suggestions I've been working on them. Just barely missed the Keepers of time revered but I'll get that soon.

So I've been focusing specifically on the starter pre-kara gear and I stand up pretty well but my TPS is only around 600 or so sometimes a bit higher. I can't say I have time yet to watch during all of the boss fights.

Is there anything I can do about this without better gear? There are a lot more misses in the wws stats then I expected to see. I don't see any real +hit in the kara drops when should I be working on increasing this at the expense of stam gems and how much +hit should I get?

Heres the wws from our run last night, the names are changed in this report I'm Sitta the other warrior was just there for his first run though.

Wow Web Stats (http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=4t1gt5xuixyhg)

This was an awesome run for us, most people don't have more then 1 part of kara gear and I haven't gotten anything yet. We managed to down Moroes with a single priest for the first time I believe and also downed bbw on the first shot.

Armstrong
09-05-2007, 10:24 AM
600 TPS in Kara is perfectly fine, FYI. There's only one fight in Kara where your threat ceiling matters, and that's Prince. Being concerned with your threat generation is a good thing, but for where you are in raid content you're not exactly "behind the curve" or anything.

There are a few threads about increasing TPS on these forums right now so you might want to start there.