PDA

View Full Version : Essence of Souls

Fame
08-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Download Here (http://files.filefront.com/soulswmv/;8442046;/fileinfo.html)

Ciderhelm
08-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Bumped!

Ciderhelm
08-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Updated in Stage6 format. :)

Marsellus
11-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Am I the only one that still gets nervous when p3 rolls around?

I think no matter how many times I do this fight, p3 will be very intense. Going all out on threat while trying to avoid the instagib gets my heart pounding.

Was just looking through these videos at work and this thought popped into my head, sorry :p

Kazeyonoma
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
O_o...

I wanna stay in kara.

Temig
11-29-2007, 08:31 AM
O_o...

I wanna stay in kara.

Very fitting given the ZA quote in your sig ;)

That burst is pretty outrageous though... I can't wait!

Fame
11-29-2007, 11:12 AM
We haven't wiped to souls on the account of a tank dying since learning the fight. Now while that is alot of burst, when I was first learning the fight BigWigs did not have any timers whats so ever and thus it was very hard for me to dance since i didn't know when it would hit (i would only dance [by dance i mean go def>def] if i had over 50 rage) My gear was nowhere close to being to what it is now, so perhaps call me optimistic or lucky, but I don't think you guys have much to worry about.

Narshe
11-29-2007, 11:25 AM
For those worried tanks, each of those 20k/1s burst damage have been healed anyways so imagine the burst healing they are doing that after that damage the tank is still alive and tanking ^^

Mysti
02-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Whats the macro for dancing def>def?

Worldie
02-02-2008, 09:36 AM
It doesn't work anymore since last patch anyway :)

gyre
02-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Didn't they fix macros so that if you attempted to change into a stance you were already in, your rage wasn't affected?

If that's the case, then what's the standard method now?

-- gyre --

Worldie
02-02-2008, 09:52 AM
standard method is... battle stance, defensive stance :)

Vimy
02-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Never danced,

Just burn rage quicker. Use spell reflect (useless but helps burn rage). Simple simple fight.

Fame
02-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Not that it matters since it will be changed, but Blizz still has it listed as a bug for 2.3.3
2.4 Soon ?, Free Mojo, 2.3.3 Issues (http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=3936.0) (scroll down to the 2.3.3 Known Issues list -Warrior) So I would think that you still can go Def > Def somehow.

Dots
02-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Standard method is just don't change stance at all. You can still burn off some excess rage with Spell Reflection if necessary.

Mysti
02-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks. Yea I was using spell reflect to dump rage, and when my rage was a bit high right before a soul scream I went to battle stance and back(my healers were screaming bloody murder). I thought they fixed the def>def too, but someone informed me last night blizz changed it back, so I figured this was the best place to find out ;) Our best attempt was 19%, granted we are still new to this fight, we should have her down when we go back. Overall I find it really fun and intense fight.

ttocs
02-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, once I get more comfortable with the fight, I might wait to stance dance when the soul scream cooldowns are up. Right now, I'm pretty just just focusing on my rage bar.. and stance dancing when I get over 50-ish rage, ignoring just about everything else.

Last week I messed up phase 3 because I was too focused on stance dancing (I didn't shield block, doh!). But, it's basically build up 100 rage on the little mobs, walk up to EoA, taunt, empty rage for big threat, when seethe wears off DPS goes nuts. I focus solely on dumping rage, and stance dance when I can't keep up for some reason. Shield wall at 35ish%.

Worldie
02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I heard that for warriors is a good thing at 30%ish to blow SW and do Taunt -> Challenging -> Taunt -> Mocking Blow -> Taunt to glue the boss to self against the overnuking of the DPS for those last few seconds.

Ratholorn
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Personally I've never died in Phase 3 and have never stance-danced or even used spell-reflect to dump rage. Props to my healers I guess but it helps to just buff AC (Imp LoH, the shammy or priest heal crit proc, ironshield pot, stoneform if you're a dwarf). Worrying about the rage issue when you're trying to push TPS as absurdly high as possible just isn't really viable (at least that's what I found). If I did try to dance, I'd just end up with the DPS on my ass threat-wise that much faster.

Mysti
02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
@ Fame:

Thank you soo much for the tips/help on RoS in vent the other day...I'm pleased to say RoS went down when we went back(and Mother!)!!!!.

maddfez
02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
q

maddfez
03-27-2008, 06:37 AM
We got heroic mode RoS every pull last night (four shot). No spell shields or deadens in P2 until we were OOM, which definitely boosts the DPS requirements. Seems like a common bug, so watch out if you're headed to BT later this week.

sabinsmain
04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
i dont know if people had tried this yet or if it was posted but this is what we do for RoS phase 3...we run two hunters so we have them MD me but no DPS until i can get seethe to go off on the raid ( i taunt to cause it) then one pops trinkets and gets his shots off then the other does the same. once seethe wears off we pop heroisms and all CD's that they have...i end up with about 60k threat depends if they crit or not and if they remember to take salv off....i SW and LS the first soul scream so i can continue to build lots of threat fast...then i get to dance to avoid any nasty screams. with no real worries of threat hope this helps

Powderkeg
05-16-2008, 06:11 AM
What is the best way to gear myself for this fight? Should I go with more avoidance or max stam/mitigation??

I will also be tanking phase 2 and 3....

Kavtor
05-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Gear doesn't really matter in P2. Threat generation does in P3, but there are lots of ways to game that with taunts, MD's, and bloodlusts.

It also depends on your P1 strat. You can solo tank P1 with a decent amount of BV and some luck. I don't tank P3, other than an initial taunt, then our prot pally takes it off me.

byechee
05-16-2008, 10:35 AM
you don't need to taunt off someone else in p3 to activate seethe, it's applied anytime you use a taunt ability.

Worldie
05-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Not exactly. Righteous Defense doesn't trigger Seethe, so in case a prot paladin wants to trigger it he needs some war/druid taunting first then use RD.

As personal suggestion for gear, the boss hits like a gnome girl, go for threat.

byechee
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
sorry i didn't mean to speak for paladins!

Worldie
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
np, you now know it anyway :P

bludwork
05-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Can someone fully explain the threat/taunt/seethe thing in phase3. Everyone says 'do this' or 'do that' without actually explaining how or why it works. Why would a warrior taunting and a paladin doing RD work? We hit a painful 4% wipe on our last attempt last night I need to know the best strat to generate a lot of threat.

Some have said taunt with hunter's MD'ing for first 10seconds
Others have said the paladin thing but i'm not sure exactly how it works

Our normal setup is warrior MT/paladin OT.

Worldie
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Making it simple: Seethe is triggered when a Warrior or Druid taunts him (Paladins' taunt does not trigger Seethe). It's a raidwide debuff which increases threat generated by 200%. It also increases the attack speed of the boss.

If your paladin knows his job, he won't need Seethe.

Rak
05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
I've never taunted him for Seethe and it doesn't hurt our 2600 dps players. I think it's an interesting option but I don't find it necessary.