PDA

View Full Version : Tauren's War Stomp Threat?

Spudd
08-30-2007, 12:22 AM
I've looked at the Threat value chart and was wondering if War Stomp should be listed, because ALOT of tanks are Taurens. Does it generate any threat at all? If so, what is its value?

Klimpen
08-30-2007, 12:34 AM
I assume it works like every other ability with a cast time and removes Block/Parry from the attacktable while you're casting.

In other words, against a raidboss you'd be pwn'd hard.

5mans, it could be useful. Though I wouldn't use it for threat reasons.

Noraxe
08-30-2007, 12:43 AM
When I first started tanking I used if after a big group pull.
Also it makes the dining room fight before moroes(the non elites) be very easy :)

Stonehoof
08-30-2007, 06:25 AM
I do not believe that it has any straight threat value at all.

It is just a nice 4 person stun that last two seconds. should be enough time apply threat to a lose mob.

Kehl
08-30-2007, 07:44 AM
War stomp does no threat or damage. It does not break any known cc...it's just a stun like any other. However I wouldn't have any other racial for trash tanking be it 5, 10 or 25 man...unless it's 5% more health. =)

Bigheart
08-30-2007, 08:25 AM
I have no idea if it creates any threat. I guess a good way to test is to go out with a friend and let him pull a mob. When it runs by you stomp and see if after the stun wears off who the mobs goes after.

Groundchuck
08-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Any threat it does is negligible. I've warstomped early pulls and seen mobs fly right off. Thunderclap before you warstomp though and you'll be in much better shape threat wise.

Bigheart
08-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, for shits and giggles when I was lvl'ing my fishing in the barrens I walked up to a zhevra and stomped. After the stun it came after me, so it must create some kind of aggro.