PDA

View Full Version : Bad DPS... (DW Furor)

Lacunata
08-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Beside getting a few upgrades here and there, my damage still simply suck.
I don't get it, sure it`s not opitmal, but i was shocked how few damage i did in Karazhan while looking at the combat log. I`m a little clueless how to fix it and i`m in need for few advices.

Here (http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=o3jlfobjl3rjw) you find the WoW Web Stat

Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Forscherliga&n=Envie) might take a while till it updates (tanking gear)

When i did 99 DPS or so i tried tanking *cough*

Really could need some help again

Syana
08-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Malchazeen mainhand?

Daggers are normalized at 1.7 speed while swords and maces are normalized at 2.4 speed. You lose some Whirlwind damage there. On the same note, Improved Whirlwind might serve you better if you're just dps.

Rak
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
As fury, you basically live off crits. Using a dagger mainhand is destroying your crit damage. You could use a sword with 100 more top end damage and see huge boosts in your crit damage, which is going to be about 30% of your damage in a raid.

It's worth mainhanding a lower dps weapon that is slower and has a much higher top-end damage. Dps on the tooltip doesn't mean much for a mainhand because it's also being used on your instant attacks such as bloodthirst and whirlwind.

Lacunata
08-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Decimator needs to drop first. So im stuck with the dagger, and i guess it`s better then a Vindicator Brand.... It isn't so bad with Daggers, only Whirlwind and HS are gimped. But most damage comes from White and Melee, which is not affected from normalization. Would be Vinidcator Brand better then Malchazeen?

Imp WW, mhh had that before, didn't really missed it. But my DPS is shocking bad.

Rak
08-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I use vindicator's brand and I currently top the charts on our kara runs. However, your whole raid could massively outgear us and make our damage charts mean nothing, so I don't know what to tell you.

Your spec is the same as mine except I have imp. execute instead of imp. sprint.

Daylanor
08-24-2007, 08:14 PM
1. Fel Leather gloves are the best until you get Gruul's lair ones. Change now.
2. Get honor pvp bracers
3. Get the trinket from the Ogri'la rep, with 2xdaggers that +7dmg is alot. Plus the 1min cd means you will never save the CD for anything. 2min you will, so change out the green trinket.
4. You should really have Hourglass of the unraveller and abacus of violent odds, point 3 is until you get both of these.
5. Enchant Malchazeen!
6. NEVER USE AP ENCHANTS/GEMS! You only use 4str/4crit or 8str. 4str/6stm(4crit/6stm) are the only other gems you use and only when you go for socket bonus, and only when that is AP/Str/Hit/Crit
7. Finish leveling up BS and get that 1h mace up to t2 a.s.a.p.!
8. Do Arena for S2 Chest!
9. Drop 1pt in DWspec for 1/2 Imp WW. It will net you more dmg.
10. Buy/Craft Vengeance Wrap, nothing better until Black Temple.
11. Run Heroic Slave Pens for Midnight Legguards.

Attack cycle:
1. BT
2. WW
3. If Flurry isn't up use Hamstring.
4. If you have spare rage and enough threat space use HS.

Tip1: If your tank hasn't put up 5 sunders on the target when you start, do the last ones for him. This applies to anything that doesn't die in 15seconds.
Tip2: If dpsing on trash and the next pull is fast, don't use execute. You will get better use for the rage on the next mob.

Daylanor
08-24-2007, 08:18 PM
As fury, you basically live off crits. Using a dagger mainhand is destroying your crit damage. You could use a sword with 100 more top end damage and see huge boosts in your crit damage, which is going to be about 30% of your damage in a raid.

It's worth mainhanding a lower dps weapon that is slower and has a much higher top-end damage. Dps on the tooltip doesn't mean much for a mainhand because it's also being used on your instant attacks such as bloodthirst and whirlwind.

For a Fury warrior dps of the weapon is all that matters. The lower dmg on WW (btw BT is only affected by AP) is worth using Malchazeen over Vindicators, you have more dps and better stats.
A faster weapon means he will just crit more often and the dps means his overall dmg will be higher.
Oh and bye the bye...your white dps is 50+% of your total dmg, so the higher base dps is a bigger boost :).

Imi
08-26-2007, 03:40 AM
Looking specificly at Shade Of Aran on this DPS report will tell you quite a bit about whats going on.

Envie - WWS (http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=o3jlfobjl3rjw&a=7&s=12513-12849)

You Bloodthirsted 27 times, in a five minute duration. 6second cooldown 6X27 = 162 seconds = 2.7minutes... You could have bloodthirsted almost 50 times.
Now, of course, things happen during aran where you cannot nessecarily hit every cooldown (Arcane Explosion for example). But you should Bloodthirst -EVERY- time you can. Should take first priority over every other ability.

Your Bloodthirsts also crit for a Max of 2028. Which leads me to believe in this specific instance your attack power was somewhere around 1600, Before battleshout.

Whirlwinded 16times.

Heroic Strike 18 times.

I'm curious what you were doing with all the extra rage?

You have an amazingly high hit rate, However the effectiveness of Hit drops drastically after 8.6% (Talents and gear) because at that point special attacks can no longer 'miss'. So Hit only effects white damage at that point, If you're heroic striking every hit (With a windfury totem this is completely viable) it becomes even less important.

Your crit rate is right around 25% in this report aswell, provided you are using the extra attacks inbetween each hit, AND since you are weilding two weapons of the same speed. It's decent, a slightly higher crit rate would do you good (Factor in Glancing blows as eating charges of flurry)

*Note since you are using two weapons of the same speed the game cannot calculate which one swings first, so effectively your flurry has 4 charges*

You had a Bloodthirst get parried too, Aran is bad example but it's always helpful to attack from behind at all times if viable.

Try to examine on a boss by boss basis, rather than looking at an entire run too.

Lacunata
08-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Waiting for pummel, in on Flame Wrath he would run away, which he does alot, even though not all school are interrupted. THis takes ALOT of attack time, and with this, rage away. Not just the Arcane Explosion. You need also to hold rampage up, which sadly you can never use to the last second because Stuff like above happends.

Yeah around 1500-1600 AP can vary it a little but there is a problem!
Like you mentioned, i have very very high hit rating. But everytime i try to get rid of some hit rating i lose crit or AP too and get really upgrade one of these stats.

Crit i have about 25% unbuffed in Bersi, but i self buffed me up to 30% (faked a feral^^).

Weapons..i don't have any better, deciamtor needs to drop :( which woukd help greatly.

Well i didn't really choose Aran as Benchmark because he is not a simple tank and spank fight, like Attumen for example, so i used attumen more but i had the Headpiece and the the Drape back then (got them this kara run).

I try to do Whirlwind less, but as far as i can rembember, if i could, i used BT.

Thanks for the tipps

Syana
08-26-2007, 11:30 AM
*Note since you are using two weapons of the same speed the game cannot calculate which one swings first, so effectively your flurry has 4 charges*

I thought that was fixed.

psychostomp
08-26-2007, 03:14 PM
biggest thing by far is AP go with daylanors suggestions on gear. Vengeance wrap is a huge upgrade slap a 20 ap gem from honor in it and you cant go wrong 72 AP rocks.

Mozman
08-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I agree with Imi - this is an old shot of our first Aran kill (pre-nerf), which happened to get the synched DPS meter - I'm using a vindicators MH and a 70 dps sword and was 918 DPS over the fight compared to your stated 509..

get rid of the daggers asap IMO.

looking at your spec the biggest tip I can give you for PvE damage - drop imp intercept for imp execute - it makes a HUGE difference when rexecuting

rotation should be BT, WW, hamstring, rage & AP boosts, HS for dumping rage:

edit: lol just realised I'd used last stand, so I wasn't even 17/44 but had 15 points in prot so it was very early kara days when I thought I needed some prot points for offtanking - we only ever used 2 healers. The other thing I note is I had those green quest shoulders.. sigh
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mozman87/aran2.jpg

Imi
08-26-2007, 08:41 PM
If you want to be even more efficient with execute range, get two 1.5 speed weapons so you can execute on literally every GCD aswell.

Mastering the Ten rage execute = Win on bosses with assloads of health.