PDA

View Full Version : Hi! seeking advice from fellow tanks!

Gharakor
08-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Good afternoon gents, Been reading the articles on this site for awhile now, and decided to seek input on my gear right now.

Alright, I've been the MT for my guild for a short time now, I used to be an arms warrior before, and always picked up tanking gear on the backside after our MT got it (and now that the MT quit, I'm the most geared warrior, and got sucked in the MT spot, not gonna lie though, I developped a loving for tanking as prot lately)

So here's my armory
The Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Haomarush&n=Gharakor)

I've been a stam/block value whore since I realized how good shield slams scale threatwise with block value. What I'm looking for is advice what to look for next in my gear, is there any hole? My guild is working on Vashj, and have Al'ar/VR down. Am I putting too much in some stats? I'm kinda new to the Maintanking scene, last time I was prot, killing Ragnaros was a feat that only 1 guild per server could do >_<

Wartorn
08-15-2007, 04:44 PM
The only pieces I can see you replacing are your weapon and your def trinket.

Narshe
08-16-2007, 01:28 AM
:S
Your armory shows now your Arena gear

Gharakor
08-16-2007, 06:05 PM
well damn >_<
I'll try to log off in my tank gear next time, sorry.

Mel
08-17-2007, 02:57 PM
If your going to get serious about tanking you'll need to respec.

Gharakor
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
bump, My armory finally updated with me as prot in my general tanking gear.

I'm also trying something with the axe, not really willing to enchant the thing and then get a mallet of the tide drop the day after >_<, other weapon is a sun eater, /sigh

Now the question is, Am I ready for Kael'thas and beyond?

Paumedie
08-28-2007, 02:43 PM
You should be fine on Kael'thas. Just make sure you can get around 21k hp raid buffed for eating the pyros. Keep in mind that your hp will fluctuate a bit as you pick up the legendary weapons. (Mine drops about 300 when picking up the legendaries.)

The next real hard-hitting bosses are Teron Gorefiend and then Azgalor. 8.5k and 9.5k regular hits respectively. You'll want to have a lot of EH for these encounters.