PDA

View Full Version : Any value left in The Night Blade?

Kraxen
08-14-2007, 08:55 AM
First off, grats Ciderhelm on making a viable one-stop-shop for warriors/tanks. Your Fortifications article in the forums helped my tanking out a great deal.

I've recently switched weaps from the Truncheon of the Five Hells to The Night Blade with the hope of increasing my threat generation. I've read the article on the executioner enchant and understand the scaling effectiveness of armor reduction, but I'm wondering if anyone has done any hardcore raid tanking with the Night Blade (post-nerf). How does it compare with other standards (kings, sun-eater, etc.)? I'm more concerned with threat generation atm, but i'm open to thoughts on weaps for mitigation, avoidance, effective health, etc. as well.

My apologies if this thread belongs in the General Discussion instead.

Ciderhelm
08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
What race are you? Specifically, do you have any weapon bonuses applied to your race?

Kraxen
08-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Tauren

Ciderhelm
08-14-2007, 10:35 AM
With no weapon skill associated, here's the best I can say:

It's almost certainly better than Truncheon, as you know. It was the best Threat weapon pre-nerf thanks to it's proc; I was using Night Blade over either Thunderfury or King's Defender.

Post-nerf, I haven't tested it personally. If the proc has been cut down as drastically as some people say, it may simply just not hold up. The value of the weapon is the constant ignore armor buff, and if that isn't reliably, it's basically just listed DPS at that point.

As I get a chance I'll test the Night Blade out as well. I just finished running through Thunderfury vs. King's Defender, haven't pulled The Night Blade or Decapitator out for serious testing yet.