PDA

View Full Version : Fury FTW!

Alchamire
08-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Feel free to look. I'm extremely undergeared and I don't have access to internet thats fast enough to sustain WoW at the moment, so upgrades will take some time.

Mozman
08-08-2007, 06:50 AM
looks fine, tho personaly I'd not get imp ww and get imp execute for PvE or if you're doing PvP, imp intercept..

Oakfire
08-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Drop imp rend for Iron will and your golden.
imo imp WW is fantastic, because if you are a DPS warrior, you should NEVER starve yourself for rage, your DPS is capped by your cooldowns.

Abotu the gear, you have VERY nice hit and crit, but personally I fell your AP is much too low for a fury warrior :(

Ukyo
08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I'd like to add that you could change Bladefist's Breadth with Abacus of Violent Odds or Bloodlust Brooch, upgrade the axe, and you should be doing better.

Your gear is pretty good, a few upgrades and you should be doing awesome in PvE and good in PvP :P

Alchamire
08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
My current spec is a raid DPS spec. I hate to say it, but I respec all the time based off goals or guild needs. Usually I go with this spec (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=pAh0zhbZVV0VgxoVdio) for individual dps, but without either Piercing Howl or Improved Intercept I add zero utility to the raid. Piercing Howl helps the tanks out especially because they get the bonus from Heroic Strike Rank 10 and deal extra damage, increasing both their threat and overall raid DPS. Eventually as my gear starts to improve I know I'm going to have to ditch the Imp Heroic Stirke for Imp Cleave because it already keeps me near the top of the threat chart, which is bad.

As far as gear goes, I know its not the best, for the most part it can only be upgraded via raiding or through arenas. Based off my guilds current raiding progession and minimal time spent in arenas, these are my intended upgrades.

-Head: Warbringer Battle-Helm with Thundering Skyfire Diamond, Rigid Dawnstone, and Glyph of Ferocity
-Neck: Worgen Claw Necklace
-Shoulders: Warbringer Shoulderplates with Bold Living Ruby, Rigid Dawnstone, and Greater Inscription of Vengeance
-Back: Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings with Formula: Enchant Cloak - Subtlety
-Chest: Merciless Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece with 2 Bold Living Rubys and Rigid Dawnstone
-Wrists: Bracers of Eradication with 2 Bold Living Rubys and Enchant Bracer - Assault (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=34048)
-Hands: Gauntlets of Martial Perfection with Enchant Gloves - Assault (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33996)
-Waist: Red Belt of Battle
-Legs: Merciless Gladiator's Plate Legguards with Cobrahide Leg Armor
-Feet: Warboots of Obliteration with Formula: Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed
-Ring 1: Violet Signet of the Master Assassin
-Ring 2: Garona's Signet Ring
-Trinket 1: Romulo's Poison Vial
-Trinket 2: Dragonspine Trophy
-Mainhand: Merciless Gladiator's Slicer with Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mongoose
-Offhand: Merciless Gladiator's Quickblade with Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mongoose
-Ranged: Steelhawk Crossbow with Stabilized Eternium Scope

This gear and spec alone would set me with the following stats:

Hit Rating 261 (16.3% Hit)
Precision 2/3
Hit % 18.3

Raw Crit Rating 233 (5.825 Crit)
Agility 85 (2.6 Crit)
Crit % 8.4
Max Crit %22.4 (+3% per Mongoose, +5 from Cruelty, +3 Berzerker stance)

Raw Strength 341 (682 AP)
Raw AP 400
AP 1082

Unfortunately I don't know the level 70 Warrior base stats off the top of my head or else I would add those in too.

And IF the Dragonspine Trophy, both Mongoose enchants, and Flurry all procced, it would increase my attack speed by by a total of 60%. Which either A) Make me a DPS machine, or B) Make me an Aggro magnet :eek: .

I know some of this may all seem like wishful thinking, but it doesn't hurt to have goals. Any thoughts?

Ukyo
08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
I'd go with the BS 1H mace, since you don't seem to want to upgrade the axe, works better that the swords, romulo's is more of a rogue-oriented trinket, but still is good for warriors (i know, i have it <3).

With that gear, you'll need to be careful with your aggro generation, but overall if you can get that, you can top any DM you come across. :P GL

Daylanor
08-09-2007, 04:53 AM
Since you already have the 2set bonus with helmet+shoulders I would use Fel Lether Gloves with 2x4crit/4str
Also get Fel Leather Boots with 2x4crit/4str.

Seriously Fel Leather is insane for fury dps. It's not even funny just how it outperforms alot of epics.

Alchamire
08-09-2007, 05:17 AM
I'd go with the BS 1H mace, since you don't seem to want to upgrade the axe, works better that the swords, romulo's is more of a rogue-oriented trinket, but still is good for warriors (i know, i have it <3).

With that gear, you'll need to be careful with your aggro generation, but overall if you can get that, you can top any DM you come across. :P GL

I like maces because their top end damage is right up there with axes, meaning harder Heroic Strike hits/crits. I used to dual wield Deathbringers before TBC. The thought behind the swords is getting the most out of the racial ability as well as raising the low end damage on every attack. Crist are all good and well, but if your weapon has a low damage floor than no matter how many times you crit, they are still just sub par majority of the times.

When/if I get what I'm going for I'll have to change the spec around and spec Imp Cleave and use that as my primary attack instead of Heroic Strike just for the sake of threat generation. Ages ago when doing MC, one lucky crit with a Heroic Strike and I was done for, I'd rip a hound right off the MT and we would all get WTF PWND, lol. The good old days :) .

Oakfire
08-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Id suggest doubel 20 str on the weapons, not Mongoose, you have alot of crit from that gear, and its only a chance. At the same time your AP is very low, and the 20 str provides a constant bonus.