PDA

View Full Version : Yain - MT (Entering t5 dungeons)

Yain
08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello, I just registered for this site a few days ago and I've been spending that time brushing up on my "tankology" so that I can start posting (coming in here like a nub not knowing what most of you guys are talking about is something that I don't want to do) and I must say that I can't thank you guys enough for giving us "hardcore" tanks that want to know everything possible about our job a place to come and collaberate.

That said, the first thing I thought I would do would be to ask you guys to let me know what improvements I could make to my gear (that are available). Here's my Armory:

The Armory

Some notes:

-I have Boots of Elusion in my bags (enchanted with +12 Stamina).
-I'm working on an Autoblocker to rotate in/out for certain encounters (avoidance (Moroes' Pocketwatch) vs mitigation (Gnomer Autoblocker)).
-My guild has killed VR in TK and Lurker in SSC, we're now working on Tidewalker/Hydross (though, attendence has been low... I don't foresee a kill in a while until our core members stop going on vacation.

Any suggestions for anything would be helpful, I want to know how to improve myself.

Thanks!

Pilgrim
08-07-2007, 11:37 PM
why... the violet badge? there are a few trinkets you can get from quests or drop that I would favor over that.

Otherwise the gear looks pretty good, didn't look at the enchants since my work doesn't really like the wow armory ;)

Narshe
08-08-2007, 01:41 AM
The violet badge is a good trinket cheap (51 sta trinkets are usually around 1500-2000g depending on servers) with no requirements (Netherwing badge requires your epic riding, engineer trinkets require engineering) and with 100% drop as its a quest reward.
However I would use that trinket slot for a +defense trinket. You are already above 490 defense, but being so low would mean you have little room for gear swaps and you can fall below 490 pretty easy.
I would use a better enchant for your cloak. Also if you have enough heroic badges and can get a little more defense I would use the cloak from badges. It gives a better overall than Devilshark.

Yain
08-08-2007, 03:45 PM
The violet badge is a good trinket cheap (51 sta trinkets are usually around 1500-2000g depending on servers) with no requirements (Netherwing badge requires your epic riding, engineer trinkets require engineering) and with 100% drop as its a quest reward.

Ironic that you mention the Netherwing Trinket, I just grabbed one (just hit Reverred not 10 minutes ago).

However I would use that trinket slot for a +defense trinket. You are already above 490 defense, but being so low would mean you have little room for gear swaps and you can fall below 490 pretty easy.

I'll keep that in mind, however with the very few gear swaps that I do (boots are about the only things I swap at this time, and Battlescar/BoE are equal in defense rating), though I have a Dabiri's Enigma (sp?) sitting around in my bank that I could start carrying around with me if defense during swaps ever becomes an issue.

I would use a better enchant for your cloak. Also if you have enough heroic badges and can get a little more defense I would use the cloak from badges. It gives a better overall than Devilshark.

In hindsight, I must say I agree with you. When I get enough mats for 120 armor/dodge to cloak and enough to get 15 NR on my Burnoose of Shifting Ages, I'll probably get that done. The reason for the current enchant is that I use this cloak for Hydross, and I needed that extra 15 NR.

I'll consider running more heroics for badges (I need someone to kick me and get me jumpstarted so I can finally finish my Autoblocker... 20 badges left) so I can grab the cloak, but the AB is a higher priority to me at the moment.

Thanks for the advice so far, any more would be lovely.

Narshe
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I was answering Pilgrim about Violet Badge. Very good stamina trinket as quest reward, the rest are just examples of trinkets hard to obtain due to requirements or money.